• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fetuss10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I have a glock 22 for work and 19 for personal carry. I noticed when I try to eject the chambered round on the 22 it just falls out the bottom no matter how hard I eject it and on my 19 I can eject a round across the room if I wanted too. Is there soemthing wrong with the 22 to be causing it to not eject out instead of fall down.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Sounds like a chipped extractor or weak extractor spring; the shell is not being held against the breech face.

Does it shoot well?

Many 1911 pistols will do the very same thing with loaded round.

Josh <><

fetuss10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sounds like a chipped extractor or weak extractor spring; the shell is not being held against the breech face.

Does it shoot well?

Many 1911 pistols will do the very same thing with loaded round.

Josh <><
    yeah shot perfect when I fired it. I started noticing it ejecting like this though after I fired it last.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    You could have some crud under the extractor, the extractor spring could be weak, or the claw could have chipped.

How does the extractor look?

Josh <><

fetuss10

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    nothing looks cracked its all clean too im thinking it might just be a bad extractor spring?? will it still fire and recoil for a new round if i had to shoot it?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I was always told that an extractor only functions to remove a round that isn't being driven out on its own, via firing of the round.

This would be no problem if you were just plinking.

You don't say what "work" is, but if you're carrying with the potential defense of life, I'd want something that could extract a non-firing round. If you got a bad primer and had to slap/rack, you'd want that unfired round to go far, far away..

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Well, that's not exactly correct for guns that lock up - try removing the extractor from a 1911 sometime and see how it shoots.

Anyway, clean it well and see how it functions then. You may have to remove the extractor to clean under it.

Hand cycle a magazine through it, and if it ejects them all OK, I'd say it's probably been like this, but you need to get it to a Glock armorer for a look-see.

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    have you ever detail stripped the slide? maybe there is some gunk in there that is causing issues.
    If you need any help with stripping the slide send me a message and ill talk you through it.

Top Bottom