Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    kelly.gif

Pics are online at https://www.dbnphotos.com/Firearms/Pro-Second-Amendment-Rally-41418/
    Enjoy!
    Thanks Dan, awesome job!

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a Facebook Live video of all the speakers beginning with most of Jonathan Lamb's speech (I didn't get settled in and shooting video until about 2:15 but I rolled until the end and worked my way right up to the steps at the base of the podium, off to speaker's right to stay out of the way).

I'm kind of a fb noob... Any way to get that video off of fb and into the rest of the web?

CB - my Friend Request is still pending on FB - accept so I can share your videos and walk you thru them you were in a better spot than I was perhaps.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    After looking at the area we had occupied as I could tell from the podium area - and recognizing we were standing closer than normal "standing cocktail party" density - which would describe the capacity for that area as 1000 ...

So I'm still going with 1000 to 1200 ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    My thanks post via FB where more of the people are -but there are plenty here:

I need to take a moment from tasks and events of the last few days to pause and share some thanks.

1 Jessica Ann crushed this - the event was started and date picked before any of the host were involved. Someone said "force of nature" - and we may have had 2 or 3 speakers - but for your efforts, we'd still be looking for a venue, you took a huge responsibility - and were rewarded for the effort.

2. Jack Pupillo - kept hitting home runs, Help may have started behind the scenes but the press day of you were awesome!

3. All the speakers - (I'll tag the one's I can): Todd Rokita, Senator Jack Sandlin, Jonathan Lamb for Congress, Jim Baird, Jim Grimes for Sheriff, Ryan Secord, Jim Lucas, Joseph Molonlabe, Tamara Suzanne, Gary Weddell, Isaac Deal, Konnie Couch, Kelly Myers, Guy A. Relford, Bradley D. Rogers for taking the time to participate in the event.

4. The 3%UPI folks that were there and helped with equipment, generator, podium, etc and also security and medics if needed. (Rob Good, John Svoboda and others)

5. A few folks that helped me with my stuff yesterday - or when I needed something Joe Spalding, Pat McKee Gerda Mckee, Nick Laurino, Justin Bissett, Kelly (again), Dan Voils (photos that will be shared soon).

6. Everyone that shared and aided in getting the word out sharing posts and flyers, and then attending (or supporting and watching to catch up) There are too many here to name; but I'm going to name the few groups that have helped me get here: INGO, Indianashooters.com, Indiana Moms Against Gun Control, Freedom Restoration Project, The Three Percenters Indiana Original ... and my friends from Project Appleseed and Revere's Riders (though without you, my speech would have been much more rambling).

There are way to many and I apologize if I'm forgetting anyone.

We all need to be involved - UNITE or DIE

Every one of us: Every American, Choosing Liberty, Everyday.

In Essentials, Unity
    In Preferences, Liberty,
    In All things, Charity.
    (see bottom of photo).

Thank Everyone.

- In Liberty

BB3

(and Thanks Dan for the photo)

1D0A7733.jpg

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I'd like to thank brotherbill3 for his work on this event. I'm glad I was able to go and show my support for our Constitution and specifically the Second Amendment.

I noticed several Vietnam era veterans in the crowd. It seemed the experienced set was fairly well represented.

For those who may be curious/concerned, my grandson was one of the young guys in the crowd taking pictures. (Not the one being discussed here.) No need for alarm, he's very pro-gun. On the other hand, he has a tendency to look like he's taking wide shots when he's really taking very close-up candid portrait shots. They always show more depth to the subject's humanity than posed shots. I've never seen one that didn't deserve a "That's a great picture!"

To all who helped organize: Thank you! To the speakers: Thank you for your thoughts on the issue. To all who went: Well done, one and all!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    A drone?
    Hovering above all those gun owners? :):
    I brought mine but didn't get a change to get it out. The speakers were too engaging to walk away from even for 5 minutes. In retrospect I should have brought someone else with me to fly it and get some pics and videos.
    That part of downtown is a free to fly zone. I've flown there many times.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    1D0A7484-S.jpg

I think I know these guys? One on the left is a handsome devil. Not sure about the one on the right? Something tells me, he is a tad grumpy. :abused:

Last edited:

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    There was a young black kid with a white jacket, braids and an American flag bandana that was floating around with a camcorder getting video of the crowd. He seemed to be focused on shots of the rifles and signs while ignoring the speakers. He also had a USA Job Corps bracelet on.

I have no idea if he was working on a video project for school or doing opposition research, He seemed to be there alone and stood out simply because he didn't look like a typical 2A supporter.

Whatever the reason, hopefully some of the messages of the speakers sunk in.

I stood behind this young man for most of the event. Very respectful. An older gentleman dropped his cane and the young man picked it up for him. I think he man have knocked someone’s class over that was sitting on the ground. He scooped right in, picked it up and said something to the owner? Someone was taught this young man well and should be proud of him.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Again, great pics Dan. Your pics reminded of something from yesterday...

Who was the guy in front, 30-something, blonde, wearing suit and tie, 70s stache and sideburns, hair in a pony tail, looked like David Crosby circa 1972?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Again, great pics Dan. Your pics reminded of something from yesterday...

Who was the guy in front, 30-something, blonde, wearing suit and tie, 70s stache and sideburns, hair in a pony tail, looked like David Crosby circa 1972?

He introduced himself - and ... being in full MC mode - ... sadly, I don't remember.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    A question - regarding the numbers and thought to do this better "next time" ... and I'm thinking out loud that needs to be like January ... at the latest; as all the new legislative seasons are kicking off.

For those at the FEB 2013 rally and this one - Which Seemed to have the larger crowd? and by how much?

I'm just curious on thoughts. I've done my estimating - and DAN a drone would be great. ... If I get some $$ saved maybe I'll have the PA and generator.

The other thing we need is a go - pro to video - just and specifically - any speaking type things with enough battery and memory for it.
    FB live was fine, but I should have thought ahead and had my tripod for my phone ... (I have one that works great, a gift from the INSs-ers for my Chrony actually).
    and I left the spare battery charger in my car. grrrr. ... we keep making these better, smarter. ... etc.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A question - regarding the numbers and thought to do this better "next time" ... and I'm thinking out loud that needs to be like January ... at the latest; as all the new legislative seasons are kicking off.

For those at the FEB 2013 rally and this one - Which Seemed to have the larger crowd? and by how much?

I'm just curious on thoughts. I've done my estimating - and DAN a drone would be great. ... If I get some $$ saved maybe I'll have the PA and generator.

The other thing we need is a go - pro to video - just and specifically - any speaking type things with enough battery and memory for it.
    FB live was fine, but I should have thought ahead and had my tripod for my phone ... (I have one that works great, a gift from the INSs-ers for my Chrony actually).
    and I left the spare battery charger in my car. grrrr. ... we keep making these better, smarter. ... etc.

Yesterday was bigger. 8 Feb 13 was my first 2A Rally, yesterday had more folks. When I got on the steps I couldn't see where the people ended looking east and west. I used the term "sea of humanity" concerning yesterday, that is not an exaggeration.

The DAN Drone? In the city it should work. In the country? Not so much. Give everyone a heads-up that it's a pro-2A drone and things will be cool.

Have a plan. Have a back-up plan. Have a plan for when both of those fail. We learn from everything we do. Every pocket, everything has a home. Checklist baby! Rain gear, what to do if the Good Lord comes through like yesterday. Wow, you could plan this for 6 months and still have gaps. For me? I need boots that will work in the rain AND be comfortable enough for standing on concrete for 5+ hours. 1 out of 2 SUCKED yesterday. My "lucky bag" (the OD green bag with tarp and tie down straps, it's been with me all over the world since Korea in 93) was close by and good for stashing stuff like rain gear and bottled water. I can't count on that every time.

January? Man I need a cold weather checklist for that one!

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I stood behind this young man for most of the event. Very respectful. An older gentleman dropped his cane and the young man picked it up for him. I think he man have knocked someone’s class over that was sitting on the ground. He scooped right in, picked it up and said something to the owner? Someone was taught this young man well and should be proud of him.
    I am more than happy to be wrong!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

I think this one was larger but less people walked. I think that was because we had less speakers in 2013. If we have another in February we might want to limit the amount of speakers and their speaking time. Otherwise a lot of people will leave due to getting cold. (Well, presumably. Hell it might be 78 and sunny. Who knows?)
    I really wish I'd went back to the parking garage and gotten the drone out. I would have let you know it was mine. What I'll probably do in February is have someone with me and have them fly it. That way i can keep taking pics.
    I have a Go Pro and multiple batteries. I could put it on the podium and just let it record. I might be able to get my son's Go Pro. He has a newer version and I'm pretty sure it will stream to Facebook live. I know the Drone will do Youtube live and I think Facebook. I need to check. Only problem is the battery is only good for about 20-26 minutes depending on the temperature and winds. (The drone doesn't have audio. If it did all you would hear are the rotors.) I have a couple of large USB output batteries that will keep a phone charge for days.
    If any of this interests you just let me know. :cool:
    Dan

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    FalconRC369
    Top Bottom