• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Wondering if anyone has purchased steaks from this company. They will be parked in the Portage Menards from the 14th to the 17th. One of their deals is 20 ribeyes for $39.99. Probably small but if they are quality steaks that is a very good price.

Thanks

Lpherr

Occupied
    Wondering if anyone has purchased steaks from this company. They will be parked in the Portage Menards from the 14th to the 17th. One of their deals is 20 ribeyes for $39.99. Probably small but if they are quality steaks that is a very good price.

Thanks

That's a contradiction.

I for one, don't purchase my groceries from a random truck, in a random parking lot.
    Let us know how it works out.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Nah, I was just curious if anyone has had experience with them. I've got my go to meat shop in Valpo.
    I've read that they are paper thin, and tough.
    But, what can one expect?

We saw a trailer at a gas station on our way back home today. Had a huge sign that said something about huge box of free jumbo shrimp with big box purchase.:dunno:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    There’s a big refrigerated truck that parks by the abandoned Sears store in Clarksville, they set up a tent and everything, I’ve heard the meat is pretty good, but, since I have several full freezers, I don’t plan on buying from them.

Back when Lowes was still a lumber yard, they used to sell boxes of steaks around Memorial Day and 4th of July that were really good, don’t know if it’s the same type meat, but I’d pay $40 for a box of those.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I’d probably trust that more than the guys that show up at your door claiming your neighbor canceled and they can sell it to you cheap. Sorry, I don’t buy my meat from the Kroger’s dumpster…

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’d probably trust that more than the guys that show up at your door claiming your neighbor canceled and they can sell it to you cheap. Sorry, I don’t buy my meat from the Kroger’s dumpster…
    C’mon man, sketchy crackheads gotta earn a living, too! Do you think beat up old ford rangers and rusty, moldy deep freezers just grow on trees?
    :):

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Thanks
    Yes, but in Terre Haute. 1 driver selling out of a 40' semi tractor & trailer. Flavor not bad but once cooked, they were paper thin and extremely small. NOT worth 2 bucks each IMO. Driver was pushing expensive steak & seafood packages and was perturbed that we did Not buy. Compare to a Carnival Sales Huckster

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Find some guys to go in on a whole cow together. I think someone on INGO used to sell whole processed cows, but I can't recall who. I'll be helping slaughter next month in exchange for a 1/2.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Beef Mart?
    I went to the one in Portage a few times and they had quality stuff.
    Yep, unfortunately they closed the Portage shop a while back. So I just make the trip out to the Valparaiso shop. Their quality of meats are fantastic. They also have homemade frozen meals.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom