• Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Anyone been pricing these lately?

Care to share results?

Mods: Sorry if this is inappropriate or in the wrong area.

Cheapest I've found was $589.XX I believe...

TangoSierra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    $569 for black at PSS, Plainfield
    $619 for black at Bradis, Camby
    $669 for stainless at Bradis
    $699 for stainless at Gander Mountain, Greenwood

These observations are 2 - 4 weeks old.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Wow, Thanks guys for the great turn out. PSS is the lowest I've seen also, I just don't care for the vibe I get when I'm in there. Especially for driving 2-2 1/2 hours to do business with a guy just to save some money. I'm between a rock and a hard place... If anyone has anymore please post it.

Thanks a million

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Wow, Thanks guys for the great turn out. PSS is the lowest I've seen also, I just don't care for the vibe I get when I'm in there. Especially for driving 2-2 1/2 hours to do business with a guy just to save some money. I'm between a rock and a hard place... If anyone has anymore please post it.

Thanks a million

I know the "vibe" you're talking about. But I, too, drive; albeit only an hour to get there, but it's worth it. Bob's an alright guy; he's just an older guy and has seen a lot of **** in the world!

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I know the "vibe" you're talking about. But I, too, drive; albeit only an hour to get there, but it's worth it. Bob's an alright guy; he's just an older guy and has seen a lot of **** in the world!

But just because he's seen alot of ****, doesn't justify his body language towards customers. I might check out the Kentucky route, IIRC there was someone on here that done FFL deals.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    But just because he's seen alot of ****, doesn't justify his body language towards customers. I might check out the Kentucky route, IIRC there was someone on here that done FFL deals.

I absolutely agree, however, I've been into 15-20 gun stores across Indiana over the past month, as well as the 1500 show last month, and the one theme I got from every single one of those places was basically this:

Buy or don't - I don't give a damn.

Only one time in Bradis (out of 5 trips in the past 2 weeks) was I actually "helped" and got a decent vibe.

Another good experience was at Strictly Shooting in Evansville. I was able to chat with a couple of the guys for 20 minutes, but those are the only "good" experiences I've had lately, except for Bob at PSS (even though I sense his vibe as well).

I don't fault them. In retail, I get very agitated at poor customer service, but in the gun industry I cut some slack. We've all been in the gun store when the idiots come in all loud, obnoxious and with idiotic questions that just **** the employees off. It's my belief that many gun store employees are only in a "good mood" at store opening. Once they've served several "idiots" their mood goes a little downhill. And with all the new guns being purchased over the past few months, they've kinda had a rough time with their clientele with all the questions and "price shoppers."

I had an issue with a recent purchase from PSS; wife picked up the gun and didn't inspect it good enough (in her defense, she didn't know what she was looking for) and there was a manufacturing error on it. I took it back and he gave me a new one and sent mine back.

Most places would laugh at you for even suggesting a "return" but Bob took care of it. Good vibe or bad vibe, he's honest and takes care of his customers.

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I absolutely agree, however, I've been into 15-20 gun stores across Indiana over the past month, as well as the 1500 show last month, and the one theme I got from every single one of those places was basically this:

Buy or don't - I don't give a damn.

Only one time, in Bradis (and even then only once out of 5 trips in the past 2 weeks) was I actually "helped" and got a decent vibe.

I don't fault them. In retail, I get very agitated at poor customer service, but in the gun industry I cut some slack. We've all been in the gun store when the idiots come in all loud, obnoxious and with idiotic questions that just **** the employees off. It's my belief that many gun store employees are only in a "good mood" at store opening. Once they've served several "idiots" their mood goes a little downhill. And with all the new guns being purchased over the past few months, they've kinda had a rough time with their clientele with all the questions and "price shoppers."

I had an issue with a recent purchase from PSS; wife picked up the gun and didn't inspect it good enough (in her defense, she didn't know what she was looking for) and there was a manufacturing error on it. I took it back and he gave me a new one and sent mine back.

Most places would laugh at you for even suggesting a "return" but Bob took care of it. Good vibe or bad vibe, he's honest and takes care of his customers.

Agreed, 100%...We have the same outlook for sure.

I bought 1000rds of Brown Bear from PSS and also a scope from him and he only wanted to give me a store credit regardless that I had the receipt and it was only like a few weeks prior. That's what kinda done it in for me. Kinda hard to find something that I could use on the spot for like $65. Might make another visit to them and give them another chance if my M&P sells here soon.

shadow6492

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Garrett/Auburn IN
    I've got the bitone xdm9, paid $599 at ZX Gun in goshen. Good group of people. I had about 600 rds through it so far without any problems. Only thing, this gun loves to eat up ammo fast!

TangoSierra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009

Thanks a million

Well, the lowest price online that I found was On Point Firearms:

$583 for stainless
    $537 for black

Top Bottom