• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Please tell me that you DO understand that this is happening?

And as far as gun parts and accessories being sold, one can simply read the listings on gun broker and ebay for magazines and bolt carrier groups and instantly ascertain that many of those item descriptions were written by people with absolutely no knowledge of what they are selling.

:facepalm: so sad how the custom of purple has handicapped so many ;)

Yep...seen a lot of clueless rubes...my favorite so far was "AR15 - Carry Handle Type"...that was it...and a really big number with one of those capital "s" with a line through it thingies in front.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I do not have a 401K. I have a Thrift Savings Plan of which I have very very very little control over, As well as a small pension.

Some people, including myself, have not had the financial ability to "stack it high and deep" and have been making small, modest purchases in an attempt to get together a stock pile and have gotten caught up in this mess while trying to get supplies together. Had many of us been given another couple years before this mess started then we could join you in brow beating the lowlings who were caught unprepared. I'm sure there was a time when everyone with a stock pile of guns and ammo didn't have one.

And I guess I'll never be rich in a capitalist marketplace.

Don't worry, I'm a lowling too. It's not likely ill ever own that Ferrari I've always wanted.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I do not have a 401K. I have a Thrift Savings Plan of which I have very very very little control over, As well as a small pension.

Some people, including myself, have not had the financial ability to "stack it high and deep" and have been making small, modest purchases in an attempt to get together a stock pile and have gotten caught up in this mess while trying to get supplies together. Had many of us been given another couple years before this mess started then we could join you in brow beating the lowlings who were caught unprepared. I'm sure there was a time when everyone with a stock pile of guns and ammo didn't have one.

Well, you sure as hell wouldn't be rich in any other kind of marketplace, unless you had friends on the politburo.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    It has always been about money. It's human nature. There are billionaires who do not think they have enough money. Don't let it bother you just walk away from the market right now. There is always a time to buy or sell.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana

That is a decision entirely up to you and nobody else. :patriot:

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Quit complaining. This thread is a dupe of a million other threads of people just like you who failed to properly plan ahead of time. If you don't like the price, don't buy. It's that simple, period.

The search button is your friend...
    You are right, but it does not change the fact that your friendly local gun shop will screw you when ever they can. It is not right, it is not fair, but it is a fact of business. Dont like the price, dont buy it. But that does not change the fact that they are screwing us. Buy from whomever you find the best price from, to hell with local ripoffs. Sorry but thats the truth, truth hurts dont it? Just my :twocents:. Dont hate me too much.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    So what if a ban actually happens? Then what, those mags, and AR's everyone is complaining about being to high, will go up. I don't want to think it will happen, but i didn't think it would happen the last time. They won't have a sunset in their new bill, so think of the NFA prices on machine guns. I remember trying to buy an AR before the ban last time, $425.00 on Monday, $950.00 by Wednesday. I don't feel guilty about making money, but if you noticed, i haven't listed anything here because of all the talk about "looking out for each other" I know what i paid for the stuff i sell is lower, i wouldn't be selling any of it if i wasn't making money, but there is another way of looking at this. If i sell my items now for a profit, but can't replace them cheaper later, who gets hurt? No one, i am taking a chance that i won't be able to replace my things, that's why i charge more. People are paying more, thinking they won't be able to but them in the future, if i'm right, i win, if their right i lose, pretty simple. I am selling some things that i have plenty of, or i think i will be able to replace, but i am keeping what i feel i "need" off the table for any price. With the current state of our hobby, with the long backlogs, companies are upping prices, so do you think when they catch up, they will all say "thanks for your support in paying our inflated prices, we will now return to a lower price point", or do you think they will take their time filling orders, so the price stabilizes at a higher price point, allowing them to maximize profits? Prices jumped up 4 years ago after the election, did they ever come back down to pre election prices? I didn't see it, they stayed elevated, and i think they will stay that way this time, at least for a while. Then in a few months, or a year, "if" there has been no legislation, prices will ease somewhat. I think AR's will be fine, they are made here, i can easily see import restrictions driving away cheap ammunition, and spare parts, as well as affordable AK platform rifles, this is as simple as not renewing import licenses, no ban required, but that can't happen. Sorry for the rant.

dkor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greensburg, IN
    Hey, you're preaching to a very broad choir. I'm a long time gun owner, and with having a family at home (and we're a single income household) and I see where you're coming from. Now let me ask you this: Why now? Is it because of the scare of increased gun control? Now that I've asked you let me say, don't answer me. It's none of my business. But in comparison, I feel that people who waited until now to buy their guns could be too late.

Best said, don't count on individuals discounting to regular rates in the presence of a major lack of supply in times of demand. It's illogical. Prices will return to normal again in due time. Just need to learn patience, as I have to continue to learn more and more every day.

your absolutley right.. i always took it for a 'I will get some of the guns i want when i am in a better situation to buy them.' now that another jackhole has went crazy and killed others especially kids.. (thoughts for another subject) anyway i am fearful that i will not be able to get the guns i want in the very near future, possibly forever.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Same guys who would tackle you in the gunshow parking lot for your AR priced at say $400.........oh yea, they would screw you in a heartbeat without a reach around. Price what the market will bear, make $$$, this is still a capatlistic country.....for now.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'd bet most of those claiming they didn't have the disposable income to buy an AR pre panic have several AR's among their possessions. They're just in the form of ipods, stereos, cell phone bills, cable/satellite tv bills, vehicles, etc.

At one time, I could have paid cash for a Ferrari but I spent that money on other things instead. Now, I don't have the funds to buy one. Should they double in price, It's nobody else's fault that my goal of owning a Ferrari has become that much more obtainable. I had the funds to do so before but I put a higher priority on other things instead. Had I bought the Ferrari first and waited on the other things that didn't double in price in the future, I'm the winner. But since I waited and the Ferrari went up, I'm the loser. They were all choices I made and the fault of no one else.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    If you want to know what a certain firearm is worth right now check what they are selling for on Gunbroker.com. I personally decided to sell some stuff I have on GB rather than look like an asshat here trying to get close to market value. :dunno: I sleep just fine with that decision.

Personally, I think if your backordering PMags and ammo with the intent to resell, that makes you a turd unless you are running a buisness. Not that my opinion matters.

Top Bottom