• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I hate to think what would happen if they did this to my daughter. I wouldn't have to do anything - her mother, my wife would be on fire!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It's more conditioning of the youth by the state.

If the blind sheep continue to sleep, by the time this kindergarten class reaches adulthood they will not question the government that knows what is best for them.

Wake up folks..... the wolves are at the gate.... and they are here for your children.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It is so heart warming to see how much the gubmint loves our children. Perhaps we should just start taking kids away from their parents at birth and institutionalize all of them. Think how much better of a citizen they would grow up to be.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I was gonna post this. I'm glad to see there are folks here that see it the same way I do. We gotta teach those we can that this fedgov is not our friend. They are way too big for their britches.
    I'm sooooo glad my young-uns are no longer in public school.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It's a good thing Mom didn't send raw milk to school with her child..... the local authorities may have well called in a drone strike.

Last edited:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    "...a Department of Agriculture agent was inspecting lunch boxes..."

Excuse me? What the Aitch Ee Double Hockey Sticks is going on in this country man? Now we have federal agents inspecting lunches? Seriously, the federal lunch police? The framers would have strokes.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Excuse me? What the Aitch Ee Double Hockey Sticks is going on in this country man? Now we have federal agents inspecting lunches? Seriously, the federal lunch police? The framers would have strokes.

Looking for the last of the Twinkies no doubt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I can't get the link to load. :xmad:

Good thing the child didn't have an allergy to the oil they FRIED the nuggets in or something, huh?

Had the same problem, then tried to load it again and it works. Their server may be working overtime right now.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires...

Yeah, when things are so convoluted that the requirements of the dept of the division of the council of the divisions dept is the one causing you problems you know we're screwed.

i+homeschool+because.jpg

Really should read "will homeschool" but the point is there :rockwoot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Have any of you guys ate a school lunch recently? My wife is a lunch lady at the local elementary school. Breadsticks and cheese sauce constitutes as a main dish. I would be extremely surprised if less than 50% of the food served doesn't end up in the garbage on an average day. I used to go in and eat lunch with my daughter every now and then. There were many kids who wouldn't take a single bite of anything on their tray. I guess no caloric intake is better than a sandwich brought from home.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Have any of you guys ate a school lunch recently? My wife is a lunch lady at the local elementary school. Breadsticks and cheese sauce constitutes as a main dish. I would be extremely surprised if less than 50% of the food served doesn't end up in the garbage on an average day. I used to go in and eat lunch with my daughter every now and then. There were many kids who wouldn't take a single bite of anything on their tray. I guess no caloric intake is better than a sandwich brought from home.

I guess it's a little different by you. Here school cafeterias are actually run by food service contractors like AraMark and Dover. The food prepared and served is far superior in quality and more numerous in choice than when I was in school. In fact some of the choices are IMHO, stuff no elementary school kid would ever eat. For instance they offer rainbow trout with pasta and three bean salad about once a month. What 3rd grader wants to eat rainbow trout, seriously? Here at least, the days of nasty soggy fish sticks and squishy peas are gone. Looking at the lunch menu for my son's school tomorrow, the choices are "Brunch for lunch" - pancakes and syrup with sausage, fresh whole pear, and milk, or twin beef tacos with lettuce, salsa and cheese, sweet potato puffs and sliced fresh banana. The whole month is like that, with really only Friday being regular, Pizza day.

I still don't think that we need federal lunch police, or even a national nutrition policy. None of that is the fed's business. The way the school cafeterias are run here is actually pretty decent though. And the food is most definitely better than that institutional grade stuff you and I grew up eating at school.

:cheers:

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

We don't have enough money or willpower to secure the borders, but we sure have enough of both to make sure a pre-schoolers lunch is inspected....:dunno:

Top Bottom