• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Bought a case of this as it was on sale, all 30 round cans, sealed and flushed with nitrogen so they cannot go bad if you put them away.
    main.php

main.php

main.php

One full 30 round mag per can that way you only need open what you need. 600 rounds per case. I put mine away save one can to try out. Shoots straight and true, it's Federal/American Eaglle and 556, not 223 in lake city cases... I may not buy a lot of it but to put back it is pretty nice.
    main.php

Wish I could remember where I got it now. was online. I remember only it was about .70/round.

Rocdenindy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Indy
    All though at $.70/round that is a lot to spend when you could do a metal ammo can, oxygen absorber and proper storage location and do it for around $.45/round. my $.02 though.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I got it because it was a curiosity. I have flushed ammo cans withN before as a cylinder is cheap and N is heavier than pure air. Just stick a hose into the can, turn on the valve a bit and snap the can cover closed. I have a bit of ammo in cans yet like this too. I found this sort of "single Serving" pretty cool is all. I know the ammo can be had for less though .45? Where? Or pre you talking pre-attempted ban?

Anyway, I thought it was cool enough to post though I should realize it isn't. INGO's a rough crowd. :dunno:

Last edited:

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I think it's cool and interesting, just a bit pricey. I really like that first picture your posted, the rounds all very neatly (and geometrically!) organized in the can with the green tips facing upward :yesway:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    They are kinda cool, but yeah, its over priced. But then, if we put down everyone here for paying too much for something, this would be a busy place, and probably not much fun to hang out in, lol.

The whole "nitrogen purged" thing is the only part I find a bit over the top. Our atmosphere is already 78% Nitrogen. The biggest thing I think is important is the lack of humidity in the air that is used to pack things for storage. Descant from the hobby store, a little creativity with a vacuum packer, and you have pretty much the same thing, only cheaper, and the containers can be re-sealed.

The main thing is that you are happy, and you seem to be pretty content. I guess the rest of us will have to deal with packing our ammo away the old fashioned way, lol

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I found the invoice and I was over too, it was 50 cents a round. I guessed the first time. In any case, purging with N is good even though most of the atmosphere is already N. NO Oxygen, even though it is a small percentage of the atmosphere means it isn't there to oxidize thngs and make them go bad. As I said, when I was a prepper I always purged the buckets I stored raw grain in with Nitrogen. My grain buckets, left unopened last as long as they remain unopened. So, forever and this I can prove with science.

Anyway, you're right. I like it and think it is cool. SO honestly I don't care much what others think. :) I kust think the INGO crowd is not the most friendly. I started out posting often like a lot of people do but now I rarely start a thread and if I do comment in one, rarely more than once. I figure that if my wisdom is unwanted, I will keep it and just try to further it here rather than pass it out. Too many people who already know everything there is to know. Hope they don't find themselves nt knowing something down the road though...

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    I wouldn't be a bad addition to a collection, I wouldn't buy a ton of it however. A shut GI ammo can is all you need IMO, and if you want to go the extra mile, throw in a descant pack and leave er shut. Even brass ammo that has been exposed to elements is fine to shoot. Just not nice and shiny.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I would like to know where you got it. The price sounds good to me. I can't find it for $.50 a round. Let alone packed like that. I would love to get some. I can always use more ammo.

Top Bottom