• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well I believe we are in the very early stages of pre rut, meaning rubs and scraps are being seen.. Haven't seen any young bucks pushing does around but its just around the corner... Please update on what your seeing as far as pre rut action, some may see more pre rut action then others just depending on where your at... The dinks always let ya know when its getting close, they are always the first to get the rut craze... I started this thread to help all to know when its time to start hitting it hard, I know there are other hunting threads but they just seem to get lost with all the crap chat and I hate reading all the crap chat to get to what I really want to read about... So please for all of us just post to the title PRE RUT ACTION and save us on the crap chat..... Thx all

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Apologize if you do not want to see this type of post but I have a question about the pre rut, should I even think about using a grunt tube yet or any other type of calls?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2012
    Tippecanoe County
    In my experience, younger bucks may still respond to a grunt call or light rattling right now. Otherwise, you won't see much more action on calls until the rut really starts to heat up sometime in the week or two before firearms season opens.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Where I'm at, it's still pretty mellowed out. Deer are on their normal movements for the most part, not a lot of fresh rubs or scrapes.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Buddy seen a dink work a scrape then moved on, a hour later a shooter come by and worked the same srcape and made a rub but the went the wrong way after , didnt take the same trail as the dink did so no shot... He was fired up to see him anyway, so hes headed back tot the same spot this morning... He got me a little fired up so this will be my 3rd hunt this year so Im heading to a spot I just hung a stand earlier in the year , haven't ever hunted this spot before but it looks killer... Guess I'll see what happens....

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Buddy seen a dink work a scrape then moved on, a hour later a shooter come by and worked the same srcape and made a rub but the went the wrong way after , didnt take the same trail as the dink did so no shot... He was fired up to see him anyway, so hes headed back tot the same spot this morning... He got me a little fired up so this will be my 3rd hunt this year so Im heading to a spot I just hung a stand earlier in the year , haven't ever hunted this spot before but it looks killer... Guess I'll see what happens....

Well did't see any deer but I did kill a yote so not a wasted trip.... One less deer killer out there... Was a good day.

jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Had a fork horn make a scrape at 22 yards from the stand saturday evening. Some other scrapes and rubs in the area (Lawrence and Orange Counties)

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Seen a comment posted on another thread from (Dec on a hunt with his daughters of a fork horn pushing a doe around), so the time is closeing near ... We will start seeing young bucks pushing some does around and before long the big boys will become more fired up and start to be seen during the daytime hours looking for that first hot doe... That info gets me fired up too... Thanks Dec. for the info... :yesway:

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Never done well hunting in extreme wind such as fridays forecast. After being hunkered down all day Morning and day friday it they may ve moving some Friday night wind or no wind. Not sure what the strategy will be.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well its just begun the dinks are pushing does and in the next 10 -14 days you will start to have some of the best hunt you will have all season... So get ready and enjoy the ride... I start my Vac. the 9th may of wanted to booked it for a few days earlier but it is what it is , I will just have to hunt the mornings for a few days untill my Vac. starts.... Can't wait, I should hit it right !!!!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well its just begun the dinks are pushing does and in the next 10 -14 days you will start to have some of the best hunt you will have all season... So get ready and enjoy the ride... I start my Vac. the 9th may of wanted to booked it for a few days earlier but it is what it is , I will just have to hunt the mornings for a few days untill my Vac. starts.... Can't wait, I should hit it right !!!!
    Run out to my woods close to my house this afternoon and put up one of my new trail cameras and there has been a buck in there just tearing stuff up, so I freshened up one of the scrapes and put some dom. buck scent in it and put the camera up on it to see what is working it... Wind was good to get in there so just did a in and out.... Will be back when the wind is right...

Top Bottom