• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WoG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Plainfield
    Anybody been out to Nebraska or the Dakota's to Prairie dog hunt? Where'd ya go? How did you find your contacts to hunt there? Looking to set up an ultra-cheap but fun weekend shooting Pdogs out west.

Thanks!

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I was recently in colorado for pdogs, and let me tell you, there is no such thing as a cheap weekend for that. It takes multiple rifles, ammo, gas, food, and either a room or a camper. Expect to pay at least double what you think you will.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Check out the Cheyenne River Indian Reservation in South Dakota. Been to South Dakota several times and this is by far the best spot we found.

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Pdogs in Wyoming

I just returned from South Dakota and Wyoming. We shot Pdogs in the Thunder Basin National Grassland. In Wyoming you do not need a hunting license to shoot prairie dogs as they are a non-game species. We had fun but did drive all the way to where the big towns are. Reportedly there are prairie dog towns near Bill, Wyoming that are miles one each side. We found one nearer the black hills where we camped and shot there.

I hope you have fun.

Terry

townmarshal

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    indy
    South Dakota is big into poisoning this year and at least in the central and south of the state the populations are not worth the trouble.

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    They have been poisoning for years and they still keep coming back! 4yrs ago they were starting to poison some down on the Pine Ridge Reservation when we were there.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    We go every year, 3-5 guys, 1-2 trucks, get off the pavement and drive the gravel North and South of Presho, knock on doors and ask permision the old fashioned way, just like we do for ducks and pheasant hunting.

We usually camp right on the property we're shooting, hitting a hotel every 3-4 days to shower and re-group.

6 days total, 4 days hunting, two guns and 300-450 rounds per guy per day, about $300-$400 per guy total, not including ammo, and that's cheap fun!!

PM for specifics, be glad to help you out. Go, this is a trip you must experience!!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    My friends go to Nebraska every year and just knock on cattle farmers doors. They always welcome them with open arms. From what they said cattle step in the PD holes and twist hooves, break legs, etc.

Top Bottom