• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    So I get a call from the FBI regarding one of my servers being compromised, They ask if we can meet to discuss, I say sure...

They arrive at our building where I open carry every day, greet me, and are very courteous and respectful. I greet them and in a non-threatening way, inform them I am armed (my shirt was covering my normally visible firearm)

They say "must be a rough area"

Not a flinch, not a question and no disrespect. +1 to these local agents who I almost dismissed as the call came in on april 1st. in fact, had I not googled the phone number they called from, I probably would have continued to ignore them.(it came back as the federal building downtown)

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    So I get a call from the FBI regarding one of my servers being compromised, They ask if we can meet to discuss, I say sure...

They arrive at our building where I open carry every day, greet me, and are very courteous and respectful. I greet them and in a non-threatening way, inform them I am armed (my shirt was covering my normally visible firearm)

They say "must be a rough area"

Not a flinch, not a question and no disrespect. +1 to these local agents who I almost dismissed as the call came in on april 1st. in fact, had I not googled the phone number they called from, I probably would have continued to ignore them.(it came back as the federal building downtown)

Can you share how the server was compromised and what activity it was undertaking that caught their interest?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They probably knew you were armed and what color underwear you were wearing before they got there ;-)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    They probably knew you were armed and what color underwear you were wearing before they got there ;-)

^^^ THIS!!! VERY TRUE!!! i know a couple (current and retired) GREAT STORY TIME when they talk!!! i just get my blanky and my cookie and milk and curl up on the story rug for a listen before nap time :D

hmmmm server compromise huh? did they show you some credible Identification?? anyone can fake the number that shows up on your caller ID. id have been calling the local field office to confirm their identities.

maybe they were legit and you saw id? im just saying, always confirm more than just a number or even ID.

MBG

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Indy-SW
    They both had valid federal IDs. They only told me what they were seeing in these kinds of cases and asked for no information.

The compromised box was used to telnet to whatever they were investigating. They said they usually ask for a consensual monitoring program to be installed, but because I had already cleaned up the machine in question that they thought it would be a waste of time. Asked me if I could let them know if I noticed anything suspicious. The compromise was from last June, so they were just following up in hopes I maybe had logs going back that far.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The compromise was from last June, so they were just following up in hopes I maybe had logs going back that far.

oh, say no more. i can tell from their SPEEDY RESPONSE they were real feds. :laugh:

they are also more laid back and less trigger happy than the local cops, so im not suprised you had a good experience while carrying. thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    they are also more laid back and less trigger happy than the local cops, so im not suprised you had a good experience while carrying.

Yeah because all of us dumb hick local cops shoot OC'ers on sight, especially if they are in their own home or business. Come to think of it, I've got to go put another notch in the slide of my Glock. If I shoot many more, I'm going to have to get a new duty gun.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    oh, say no more. i can tell from their SPEEDY RESPONSE they were real feds. :laugh:

they are also more laid back and less trigger happy than the local cops, so im not suprised you had a good experience while carrying. thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Sitting behind a desk for a chunk of your career, which is what lots of FBI dudes/dudettes do, can make you a tad more laid back than being a patrol cop.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    could also have everything to do with the highly advanced regular training they go through too.

I've worked with them in the past. With the exception of certain relatively small groups, I wasn't impressed, least not as far as their training and tactics go. The Miami shootout showed what book smarts will get you on the street. They are very good detectives, among the best they are. That doesn't make them patrol cops.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I've worked with them in the past. With the exception of certain relatively small groups, I wasn't impressed, least not as far as their training and tactics go. The Miami shootout showed what book smarts will get you on the street. They are very good detectives, among the best they are. That doesn't make them patrol cops.

i see what your saying, i thing them and local cops are lacking in areas that involve training, and im all for giving it to them through taxes (well the local cops) screw the feds, they dont need our money, lol.

i could say more, but im not gonna bash any local cops that try hard

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Yeah because all of us dumb hick local cops shoot OC'ers on sight, especially if they are in their own home or business. Come to think of it, I've got to go put another notch in the slide of my Glock. If I shoot many more, I'm going to have to get a new duty gun.

I hear you can get a "steal of a deal" on a new/slightly used Glock around English and Shadeland.
    I thought "hick cops" only carried revolvers , and only one bullet in the shirt pocket.

Top Bottom