• ...and so much more!
  • dnewton3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Indy area
    Hello, all.

I've been a member for some time now, but rarely post. Bear with me. I apologize in advance if I violate rules or make a fool of myself, because I don't frequent this site nearly as much as I ought to. However, I'm fed up with something and I believe this may be of significant interest to you all. This is political in nature, so if the moderators deem it objectionable, or need to move it, so be it.

I am fed up with Senator Lugar. He is not the conservative he'd like you to believe him to be. There are many reasons I believe it’s his time to go, and I would encourage you all to do your own research of his voting record over the last several years and make up your own mind. I am very active in emailing my representatives (Lugar, Coats, Rokita) often about many topics. Lugar's most recent communication with me is simply unacceptable, and I think you all might agree.

Upon my honor as a Christian, father, law-enforcement officer and gun enthusiast, I hereby swear and affirm that this copy/paste below is a direct communication from Senator Lugar to me as recieved yesterday with zero modification, deletion or subversion:

From: Senator Lugar [mailto:senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov]
    Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 4:52 PM
    To: Newton, David
    Subject: Responding to your message

Dear Mr. Newton:

Thank you for following up with me concerning your support for proposals such as H.R. 822, the National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act. This legislation would require all states to honor concealed-carry permits issued in another state.

While I appreciate knowing your support for this legislation, I support the position held by law enforcement organizations that state and local officials should be afforded the ability to determine proper concealed-carry laws and regulations, including whether or not to honor permits issued in other states.

Thank you, again, for contacting me. While I regret that we disagree on this matter, I am hopeful that you will continue to correspond with me on matters of importance to you.

Sincerely,

Richard G. Lugar
    United States Senator

RGL/cga

As you can see, Senator Lugar believes that our rights regarding the 2nd amendment end at the state line. I find that completely untenable. And I, for one of many, can assure you that not all "law enforecement organizations" see this topic as such a blanket denial as he does.

When you vote in the primaries this coming election, consider the whole story before you cast your ballot.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I wish I could be "shocked" or say I don't believe it but I've just read/seen to much on this guy. This is just another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    dnewton, I couldn't agree more about your feelings for Lugar. I made up my mind about him several years ago, when he voted for national legislation to eliminate coal fired electricity plants. It might have been the "cap & trade" legislation, it might have been something else, I don't remember now. This man is from Indiana, was elected in Indiana, and serves Hoosiers. Does he not know that 95% of all electricity in Indiana comes from coal? He believes in "man made" global warming, and doesn't care at what cost to Hoosiers the fixes come.

He has long passed his relevancy in this state.

dnewton3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Indy area
    Obviously, I agree based upon his record of voting on:

gun rights (he support IN gun rights, but not national gun rights, in a flagerant disregard for the 2nd Amendment)
    Supreme Court confirmations (the last two in particular; he was only one of 5 republicans to vote for Kegan, and he also supported Soto Mayor)
    EPA and fossil fuel related issues; he's voted to limit certain coal/oil programs
    he was against congressional monetary earmark "pork" spending restrictions
    he was for, and actually assisted in, the third reintroduction of the DREAM act (giving financial aid to illegal alien students including in-state tuition)
    foriegn affair issues (something he's supposed to be a "leader" of ...)

Consider all your options when you enter the booth in the primary election. Pass the word, because Lugar's name recognition is VERY strong, and his coffers are lined to the brim with cash. It is going to be a big, uphill battle for Mourdock to beat him in the primary.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom