• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Since it apparently ok for people to destroy private property over political signs/affiliations, does it make you think twice about putting a Trump/Biden/Jo sign/flag in your yard? Would it concern you more to put a Trump sign than it would a Biden sign/flag?

I'll put this in perspective. I live in SE Marion County on a busy thoroughfare. I am a Trump supporter, and I'm fielding the idea of a flag or yard sign. In light of recent events and the undertone of the city in general, things have given me pause about doing so.

Given the propensity of those who have TDS to go full retard and to do property damage and more, I'm not sure I want to put my property and family in jeopardy. Am I looking too much into this or am I being paranoid? One should be able to support the candidate of their choice without fear of reprisal from some kook. It is sad that I even should worry about this.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I have a Trump flag. Not everyone supports him. I'm not looking for an argument, so I just put it in Democrat's yards.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    Trump supporter here, near NW side Indpls no way I would put out a sign. The haters won't confront you face to face they sneak in in the middle of the night or when I am at work and do mischief, just not worth the risk.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    It just invites trouble. There are two Trump flags in my neighborhood, but we a quite a ways from bad areas.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Can somebody explain the point of doing it to me? I've never done it, never been influenced positively by it, and quite frankly don't see any benefit in advertising my political standing to complete strangers. Or maybe I just like being the invisible man.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    At least two homeowners around me have had their Biden signs stolen from their front yards.

I am NOT a Biden supporter, but it is really sad and petty that anyone would steal another's campaign sign, regardless of political beliefs.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The last sign I had in my yard was a Bush/Cheney 2004. Times were different then. Now, neighbors will do everything short of burning down my house if I put up a Trump sign and I would not even count that out.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Can somebody explain the point of doing it to me? I've never done it, never been influenced positively by it, and quite frankly don't see any benefit in advertising my political standing to complete strangers. Or maybe I just like being the invisible man.

For local elections (school board, town council, maybe up to county commissioner level) seeing a name for 30 days may get them in office. Above that? Not so much in my estimate.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Got an electric fence charger?

Never did get my
    ....TRUMP....
    2020 VISION
    tee shirts like I wanted to.

Still got a couple of the KISS MY TRUMP tees from 2016.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    I have 2 signs at the end of my driveway painted on each side of large maple tree about 4' tall. Simply VOTE. If more people would exercise their right to vote, I don't think we would be in this s.pile.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don't display anything political or LE-related in my yard, on my cars, or on clothing. Just easier that way.

Do you park your IMPD vehicle in the garage or drive your POV to/from work?

Edit: the State Trooper who lives down the street hasn't had the ISP Charger in the driveway for months.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm in the "no signs" camp. Don't see the point myself. I get so sick of all the commercials leading up to the election that the last thing I want to see is another "ad" in my own yard, whether it's someone I support or not.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I live in a somewhat out of the way area but I have a "support the blue" sign in my front yard and I'm sure as H*LL not removing it to satisfy some idiot. I am cautions about anything political on my vehicle because of the political climate.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Since it apparently ok for people to destroy private property over political signs/affiliations, does it make you think twice about putting a Trump/Biden/Jo sign/flag in your yard? Would it concern you more to put a Trump sign than it would a Biden sign/flag?

I'll put this in perspective. I live in SE Marion County on a busy thoroughfare. I am a Trump supporter, and I'm fielding the idea of a flag or yard sign. In light of recent events and the undertone of the city in general, things have given me pause about doing so.

Given the propensity of those who have TDS to go full retard and to do property damage and more, I'm not sure I want to put my property and family in jeopardy. Am I looking too much into this or am I being paranoid? One should be able to support the candidate of their choice without fear of reprisal from some kook. It is sad that I even should worry about this.

More entertainment if you hook up some of these...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKrnPNoCfUCyy5qcgmtu4EDW9aUAtXmSfDC-bl4hAbu564AZJjN2sJgZJ8IwiigeviePlZ916VGEwYD5XN9LBX uD98t2Dw&feature=emb_title&time_continue=45&v=iJBe zRwxhXA[/video]

Pro tip: If you roll your own noise makers, you can make something MUCH more effective than the commercial stuff.

Other ideas...

You can remove the vinyl sign from the wire frame and slit the left and right crease from the bottom to the top. Leave the top crease intact.
    Cut a sturdy piece of poster board to size (2 pieces).
    Using a staple gun, run hundreds of staples through each board so that they protrude well on the opposite side.
    Tape the boards together on the left, right and top edges with the staples facing out (smooth sides back to back)
    Fold the vinyl sign over board assembly. Gloves are recommended as you will need to press the vinyl over the staples so they protrude through the vinyl on each side of the sign.
    Once applied over the boards with staples protruding, tape the left and right side of the vinyl together with clear tape.
    Slide the wire stand into the pocket between the two boards and place in ground.

The protruding staples are visible during daylight hours. In the dark they are not visible.....particularly to some clown trying to run by for a snatch and grab.

Punji pits at the approach can be useful....you may want to go sans sticks though.

I cannot confirm or deny the effectiveness of any of these yard game ideas.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Seems to me that Trump supporters are more likely to remove/destroy BLM signs than anything else. I haven't seen this as often, but it does happen.

Liberals will remove/destroy anything related to Trump. But from what I've seen, it doesn't stop there. They are willing to destroy everything that you have because they hate you with a passion.

There seems to be more hatred from the left than there is from the right.

Ive never had a political sign in my yard, and I definitely wouldn't do it now, given the political culture.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    More entertainment if you hook up some of these...

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKrnPNoCfUCyy5qcgmtu4EDW9aUAtXmSfDC-bl4hAbu564AZJjN2sJgZJ8IwiigeviePlZ916VGEwYD5XN9LBX uD98t2Dw&feature=emb_title&time_continue=45&v=iJBe zRwxhXA[/video]

Pro tip: If you roll your own noise makers, you can make something MUCH more effective than the commercial stuff.

Other ideas...

You can remove the vinyl sign from the wire frame and slit the left and right crease from the bottom to the top. Leave the top crease intact.
    Cut a sturdy piece of poster board to size (2 pieces).
    Using a staple gun, run hundreds of staples through each board so that they protrude well on the opposite side.
    Tape the boards together on the left, right and top edges with the staples facing out (smooth sides back to back)
    Fold the vinyl sign over board assembly. Gloves are recommended as you will need to press the vinyl over the staples so they protrude through the vinyl on each side of the sign.
    Once applied over the boards with staples protruding, tape the left and right side of the vinyl together with clear tape.
    Slide the wire stand into the pocket between the two boards and place in ground.

The protruding staples are visible during daylight hours. In the dark they are not visible.....particularly to some clown trying to run by for a snatch and grab.

Punji pits at the approach can be useful....you may want to go sans sticks though.

I cannot confirm or deny the effectiveness of any of these yard game ideas.

Or you could do the same with single-edged razor blades instead of staples. Then just go out and collect the fingertips and turn them in to the police to find the culprit.

Top Bottom