• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jburns89

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Heard you can do with dremel tool and special attachments. What do I need as to polish and attachments for the dremel?? I think this will the problem I am having. As well as make the barrel look awesome.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Heard you can do with dremel tool and special attachments. What do I need as to polish and attachments for the dremel?? I think this will the problem I am having. As well as make the barrel look awesome.

What type of gun and problem?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Hmm how many rounds have been through it and is it still under a warrenty?

jburns89

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    Less than 35. At least 2 jams out of 6 in 2 of 4 Clips. Just purchases at 1500 yesterday NIB. Going to try and polish feed ramp to barrel and see if it solves problems. I have been reading different forums all night with several inquiries similar to mine and polishing the feed ramp seems to solve the problem.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Before you go crazy with the Dremel - Ruger takes a mighty poor stance on "modified" firearms returned for warranty.

Generally speaking, they end up replacing the offending "modified" part, be it trigger, etc. - but in the case of P series auto's, they were rejecting warranty on headspace concerns where the barrel had been throated/polished.

I'd approach this with caution, if you do decide to take the Dremel to it, be gentle and retest for operation often.

Have you tried a different brand of ammunition?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I polished my feed ramps with Flitz which is a good polish used for aluminum aircraft, very fine. Since I don't have a dremel, I just used a piece of cloth and something round, like a pen. More elbow grease, but very controllable.

If it is under warranty, send it back first.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I polished my feed ramps with Flitz which is a good polish used for aluminum aircraft, very fine. Since I don't have a dremel, I just used a piece of cloth and something round, like a pen. More elbow grease, but very controllable.

If it is under warranty, send it back first.

Good advice.... I am not much of a power tool to firearms fan myself. I polish feedramps with a scotchbrite pad, I have the red/ burgandy ones, a little flitz polish and it really doesnt take much effort. This solved some problems with a Kimber during their breakin period...:dunno:

I actually do this once a year to all of my pistols during the annual safe cleaning. Thats my at least once a year scrubbing, total teardown and heavy oiling session. That way if the firearms arent shot they are at least cleaned and oiled annually....

Top Bottom