• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Doh! Funny how the article states "possible gunfire was heard" instead of "police shot two dogs". Either that, or the suspects snuck out an underground tunnel after dispatching their dogs... :rolleyes:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    You know this is where equipment from the fire department can come in mighty handy.

Thermal imagining is a beautiful thing and was becoming a big thing a while back when I was in contact with some of my friends who are fireman.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Doh! Funny how the article states "possible gunfire was heard" instead of "police shot two dogs". Either that, or the suspects snuck out an underground tunnel after dispatching their dogs... :rolleyes:

You know that had to be what happened. I mean after all you don't think the police would make a mistake do you?

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    You know this is where equipment from the fire department can come in mighty handy.

Thermal imagining is a beautiful thing and was becoming a big thing a while back when I was in contact with some of my friends who are fireman.

Careful what you wish for. I don't believe it would be a good thing for law enforcement to have the ability to see through the walls of your home. Anyways, Infrared cameras that fire departments have can't see through walls.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Careful what you wish for. I don't believe it would be a good thing for law enforcement to have the ability to see through the walls of your home. Anyways, Infrared cameras that fire departments have can't see through walls.

They already have the technology and it has been ruled illegal in more than 1 case where it was used for an illegal search.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    They already have the technology and it has been ruled illegal in more than 1 case where it was used for an illegal search.

I'm sure they do and thank god for those rulings. As far as infrared is concerned, long wave cameras that are commercially available cannot see through walls, but there are mid wave cameras used by the military that can see through some materials. Those cameras are way too expensive for fire departments and are not needed for what they use them for.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The night sights on a 25mm Bradley gun can see heat through a gp medium tent. I don't know about 2x4 walls.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I've sat all my dogs down and had a serious talk with them.

If our home is ever mistakenly raided I told them they were all pretty much dead already, but I had a solution.

They all wear a little locket on their collars with a cyanide pill inside ala James Bond.

:yesway:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So, uniformed civilians fire CS rounds into house, house mysteriously catches fire... reminds me of a similar incident that happened in a little town in Texas called Waco, except there were a lot of people home who didn't make it out.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    So, uniformed civilians fire CS rounds into house, house mysteriously catches fire... reminds me of a similar incident that happened in a little town in Texas called Waco, except there were a lot of people home who didn't make it out.

Yeah, but at Waco they had religious crazy child molesters who said "pour it, pour it", which is obvious proof that they burned down the compound all on their own. It had nothing to do with the layer of CS gas the Feds covered the place with, or the fan holes they punches throughout the compound with Janet Reno's "rent-a-car" or whatever the ***** Hut slug called it. It definitely wasn't the rounds they fired into the compound that set it all on fire.

Nah, it was those guys the Feds heard say, "pour it, pour it".

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

If you have a heat source that radiates enough heat, it can transfer though the roof material. You would need x-ray to see through the walls.

Guys, thermal can be used, it does not identify anything other than a heat source... It does not give identifying characteristics other than an outline.

Just think, a quick window scan of a most homes with the right thermal and bingo, no one there and no CS lobed into a home and not burned down.

Should it be used, I don't know, but realize this, the house now has to be replaced by taxpayer money, it does nothing but rise the cost of government and takes more money out of the public's pocket.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    They heard possible gunfire at the property :lmfao:......sure you did it called covering your butt's........ ( thats a plain lie )........again lets keep militarizing the police force. Everyday you read about stupid and deplorable action from are police forces in this country what a bunch of clowns.....:n00b:

Top Bottom