Police hold man for 30 days for refusing to identify.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Police in Utah arrested a man for trespass in a parking garage and he refused to identify himself. They have held him for three weeks, how long can they hold someone without charges for failure to identify yourself. He wasn't driving, just out in public without ID. This is crazy.Mystery prisoner has authorities stumped - US news - Weird news - msnbc.com

Edit- Misread the article. Man has been held for three weeks, not 30 days as stated in the title.

Last edited:

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Can they hold someone for that?

yes, they can do as they please, remember they are the authorities, they can make any trumped up reason to hold him....

Quote:

Beavers is being held on $1,200 cash bond for three misdemeanor charges of interfering with an investigation, failure to provide information to a police officer and criminal trespass.

sounds like bs, charges to me

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    yes, they can do as they please, remember they are the authorities, they can make any trumped up reason to hold him....

Quote:

Beavers is being held on $1,200 cash bond for three misdemeanor charges of interfering with an investigation, failure to provide information to a police officer and criminal trespass.

sounds like bs, charges to me

What charge is bs?

Criminal Trespass- he want suppose to be in the parking garage.

Interfereing with an investigation- not providing info that would solve the investigation of who this man is or where he is from.

Failure to provide information to law enforcement- not telling them who he is.

All seem legit if you ask me.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    What charge is bs?

Criminal Trespass- he want suppose to be in the parking garage.

Interfereing with an investigation- not providing info that would solve the investigation of who this man is or where he is from.

Failure to provide information to law enforcement- not telling them who he is.

All seem legit if you ask me.

Doesn't seem, he was breaking the law and why is it a cops business who he is or what he is doing, if a law is not broken....so lets make an arrest for bs and hold him....the investigation was, his identity....when he did not give it he was arrested for BS charges

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    so you think he did provide the information, and the police are not telling the truth? The charges seem pretty cut and dry

No, I just dont think he should have to tell them to begin with.....if he was not breaking the law.......did the owner of the property call the police about suspicious man.....doesn't say in the article.......so, it appears to me the LEO's was infringing on this man privacy and detained him for no reason..

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    uhh. trespassing is a crime... :dunno:

The others charges were most likely brought up after he was initially arrested.

Not if the owner of said property did not call the police:dunno:

The article does not state that fact or you know the police just decided.......hey that guy looks suspicious, lets harrass him

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not if the owner of said property did not call the police:dunno:

The article does not state that fact or you know the police just decided.......hey that guy looks suspicious, lets harrass him

Heck. He may be the property owner and the police arrested him for trespass and now hope to confiscate his property and split it up amongst themselves.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I don't care if he is a serial killer or not. It is no ones business who he is. This criminal trespass thing, well did anyone ask him to leave because he was trespassing, if not just leave him alone.

If I am walking down the street minding my own business can I be arrested for not telling a cop who I am? Guess I need to start walking more and find out.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Does no one read the articles posted? Scutters posted article says the garage he was in was the police departments.

I understand though its never the people who are wrong. It is the police officers and the police department they are out to get EVERYONE.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    being arrested for trespassing in the Provo Police Department parking garage,

He was probably never even given the chance to leave the Police parking garage, I doubt any officer walked up to him and said "Sir you are trespassing you need to leave". They walked up to him and demanded ID and wanted to know what he was doing. Think I am wrong? I doubt it.

Top Bottom