• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Make sure you bring your Federal Tax Stamp! They will only let you shoot it if you show it to them even though they are not ATF or IRS agents. It's not stated if you have to bring the original or a certified copy.:ar15:

I thought only the ATF has the authority to check on the stamps.

jglevyjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I feel like it's free when I go to the Carmel location. I pay $1.00 for a target (with multiple bullseyes on it), or maybe a couple of targets and go shoot. (oh yeah, I have I VIP pass $34.99/month automatically charged to credit card). Very nice range, always spotless, excellent choice of ammo. 1250 W. City Center Drive, Carmel. I shoot my own handloaded ammo and they help shovel brass back to me for pickup.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    SDH's endless list notwithstanding, yours is a valid point! :):

His is frankly one of the biggest. My son and I use foam in ear AND muff style hearing protection. The guy next to us started shooting an M1A shortly after we got there and my son's smile got huge. So, we had to break out the 16G bolt action mag fed shotgun I brought to test fire. We were keeping up with noise production but still not the loudest. :D

Another big +1 to point blank is that they had every lane full for hours prior to us getting there and most every lane full when we were there and I barely even smelled any gun smoke in the air. Their vent. system is amazing! We shot almost up to closing and between the amount of brass in front of the firing line and the feeling you get by it being an indoor range it felt like shooting here:
    cave.png

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I thought only the ATF has the authority to check on the stamps.
    You are 100% correct! But for some reason Point Blank feels they are above the law and can require you to show personal tax documents to use their facility. Before anyone starts crying; yes I know I don't have to go there and yes I vote with my money and yes everyone should know about this.
    Take a look through this thread. You can see the patent replies by the shills and fanboys.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    I understand that you don't want hooligans cocking the gun sideways and pulling the trigger as fast as they can, but to say that because someone spent extra money and waited for a piece of paper in the mail makes them more responsible and safe conscious shooter is pretty crappy imo. I thought that's what the range officer was there for, to make sure that everyone is keeping control of their firearms and using the right kind of ammo.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I've never been there, do they have a rifle range or just handgun? I checked out the rules on their website but they don't list a range for the Carmel location.

Darren

You also have Indy Arms at 51st and Keystone area. I believe they are the newest opening when it comes to Indy ranges.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I understand that you don't want hooligans cocking the gun sideways and pulling the trigger as fast as they can, but to say that because someone spent extra money and waited for a piece of paper in the mail makes them more responsible and safe conscious shooter is pretty crappy imo. I thought that's what the range officer was there for, to make sure that everyone is keeping control of their firearms and using the right kind of ammo.

I think if you go back and read what I wrote, I covered all that.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I know I'm late to the thread, but yes, Point Blank does allow full automatic fire. I routinely shoot their, both with my M16 in various calibers and my subgun in multiple calibers (well, I did before I sold the subgun that is). They did ask to see my Form 4, which I showed them a copy of. It's their range and their rules.

I like the range facility and the personnel have been nice (and the younger staff guys always ask if they can shoot my machine guns if they provide ammo, so I guess full auto fire isn't super common). I think they are a little pricey, but they are a lot closer to me than other ranges and, as mentioned above, their air filtration is second to none.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I know I'm late to the thread, but yes, Point Blank does allow full automatic fire. I routinely shoot their, both with my M16 in various calibers and my subgun in multiple calibers (well, I did before I sold the subgun that is). They did ask to see my Form 4, which I showed them a copy of. It's their range and their rules.

I like the range facility and the personnel have been nice (and the younger staff guys always ask if they can shoot my machine guns if they provide ammo, so I guess full auto fire isn't super common). I think they are a little pricey, but they are a lot closer to me than other ranges and, as mentioned above, their air filtration is second to none.

Pricing is now the same as Greenwood and all of the other stores.

DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    Well, I made it to Point Blank in Carmel today. Store was very nice, staff very friendly, and I had a great time at the range. Had a nice guy next to me who wanted to try out one of my rifles and put a big smile on his face, and let me shoot his in return, which was also a very nice gun. I've never shot at an indoor range before and agree that the air filtration is very good.

All-in-all a nice experience, I'll probably pick up the Groupon deal for the winter months until it is nice to shoot outdoors at the conservation club again.

Darren

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, I made it to Point Blank in Carmel today. Store was very nice, staff very friendly, and I had a great time at the range. Had a nice guy next to me who wanted to try out one of my rifles and put a big smile on his face, and let me shoot his in return, which was also a very nice gun. I've never shot at an indoor range before and agree that the air filtration is very good.

All-in-all a nice experience, I'll probably pick up the Groupon deal for the winter months until it is nice to shoot outdoors at the conservation club again.

Darren

Glad to hear you had a good experience there! :yesway:

typo31

Plinker
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Whiteland
    +1 for the new Greenwood location. Staff was friendly. Range was nice. Range officer was very pleasant as well. Ventilation seems to be great. Didn't end up with a nose full of gunk.

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    +1 for the new Greenwood location. Staff was friendly. Range was nice. Range officer was very pleasant as well. Ventilation seems to be great. Didn't end up with a nose full of gunk.

I've gone the past two days and had no issues. I think they were just a little frantic thanksgiving weekend.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I was at Point Blank a few weeks ago in Greenwood. I was so happy to have a great range so close to where I live. The people were super friendly and willing to help out. They had to shut off a row of lights for a few minutes, and I was given a free one hour range pass for me and a guest for my troubles. Things like that keep people coming back. I

ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    Here's one.

Can I bring an FM24/29 to the range?

View attachment 43686

It fires the French 7.5×54mm round which is equivalent in ballistics and striking power to the later 7.62×51mm NATO (.308 Winchester) round. A robust and reliable weapon partly derived from the M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) action, the FM 1924 M29 soldiered on, practically without interruptions, for more than 50 years.

Top Bottom