• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I paid $419 for 1000 rounds a few weeks ago. $365 is still ridiculous, but it's a lot better than what I paid.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I got my first AR just as prices were starting to go up. I never got to enjoy $.20/rd for .223. I'm definitely hoping the prices fall.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    AIM Wolf Ammunition Wolf Ammunition
    aimsurplus has .223 Wolf for $5.59 for 1box of 20, but if you buy 50 boxes it is $5.59 per box! (put your calculators away the per box price is the same, you'll save on shipping per box though if you buy in bulk) I did a mock checkout and with shipping it is $.32/bul if you buy 10 boxes, $.30 /bul if you buy 20 boxes and $.29/bul if you go up to 40 or 50 boxes. calculated to 46074 zip
    It is my understanding wolf is a decent ammo if you are not dead set on tight groups. How does the PMC compare regarding quality, and consistency?

Last edited:

waloidian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Bloomingtonian
    biggest diff is the steel vs brass case. some people swear that the steel cases wear on the AR more, and the lacquer coatings on the wolf/bb/sb stuff can eventually create problems. $365 is starting to look a lot better, considering $385 used to be cheap and sell out in hours.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    biggest diff is the steel vs brass case. some people swear that the steel cases wear on the AR more, and the lacquer coatings on the wolf/bb/sb stuff can eventually create problems. $365 is starting to look a lot better, considering $385 used to be cheap and sell out in hours.

The issues with the Russian ammo in US guns/calibers is that the coatings from the cases can cause them to stick in the chamber. This problem is magnified by non-chrome lined chambers.

The Russian calibers have descending case diameters. Where as the US calibers are not so descending on case diameters and have more chance of getting stuck in the chamber.

The Russian/Soviet cases almost force themselves out of the chamber when fired.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom