• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Can you guys help us out by voting in the following polls? They really help sway public opinion:

1) [noparse]http://www.purdueexponent.org/opinion/poll_a4261fce-0f14-11e1-abac-0019bb30f31a.html[/noparse]

2) [noparse]http://www.facebook.com/questions/10150454699583417/[/noparse]

One is from the student newspaper and the other is from the Purdue Student Government. Thanks!

EDIT:

Suggestion from Benny:
    zebov, you should edit your OP and tell everyone that votes to click on the link, copy the address, open a new window and paste the address there.

That way that can't see that a large chunk of "yes" votes are coming from a gun forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    4 choices for the first poll. I've seen this in the news before where they have multiple answers(instead of just YES and NO) and then try to skew the results in some way.

Current results:
    Yes, people need it for protection. 17 19%
    No, but if other people are carrying so will I. 4 4%
    No, it makes campus less safe. 46 51%
    Yes, it's our constitutional right. 24 26%

I interpret that as 51/49 since the one "no" answer says that the person will carry. Stupid polls.

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    4 choices for the first poll. I've seen this in the news before where they have multiple answers(instead of just YES and NO) and then try to skew the results in some way.

Current results:
    Yes, people need it for protection. 17 19%
    No, but if other people are carrying so will I. 4 4%
    No, it makes campus less safe. 46 51%
    Yes, it's our constitutional right. 24 26%

I interpret that as 51/49 since the one "no" answer says that the person will carry. Stupid polls.

Yeah, the poll is just about as biased as a poll can be to make it look like there is no support for defending oneself with a firearm.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    zebov, you should edit your OP and tell everyone that votes to click on the link, copy the address, open a new window and paste the address there.

That way that can't see that a large chunk of "yes" votes are coming from a gun forum.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Fairly terrible polls, as already mentioned. I voted anyway.

Some of the "write-in" votes on the FB poll are awful. The anti-freedom folks just can't help making fools of themselves.

Maybe Purdue is full of drunk college "kids" who can't be trusted with anything more dangerous than a #2 pencil. I hope there are enough mature young adults up there to outweigh the others, but these polls (and the comments) seem to say otherwise. Sad state of affairs.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne

Yes do this.

Do not click the link.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The Exponent said:
    Do you support the proposed concealed carry legislation in Purdue Student Government?

For someone not familiar with what is going on at Purdue, this is very misleading. Is the legislation to ban concealed carry or support concealed carry? While I know the answer, someone not familiar with the story who just gets this link won't have a clue without spending time to verify, and we all know how much people like taking time to verify things.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK guys, I just removed the "links" from the addresses posted in the OP. Benny had a good suggestion that I wish I'd read before I clicked.

The poll is strongly in our favor. Sadly, there is no option to voice disapproval of the "training requirement".

Blessings,
    Bill

BLA

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Brown County
    Voted. Definitively hope that the polls actually get used. I'm at Ivy tech right now but am hoping to get over to Purdue sometime soon. It will be great if CC is allowed.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Why does the 2nd poll even exist? Why create a poll on something you are seriously trying to change, and then give ridiculous options like "turtles" and the one about proximity mines? You are wasting time.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Why does the 2nd poll even exist? Why create a poll on something you are seriously trying to change, and then give ridiculous options like "turtles" and the one about proximity mines? You are wasting time.

Totally agree!

I voted in the first poll. I want our voice to be heard.

I ignored the second poll. The Facebook poll is juvenile and embarrassing. You'd better keep this professional if you have any hope to succeed.

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Totally agree!

I voted in the first poll. I want our voice to be heard.

I ignored the second poll. The Facebook poll is juvenile and embarrassing. You'd better keep this professional if you have any hope to succeed.

Not only that, but "bacon" wasnt even a poll option.:noway:

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The Facebook poll can be changed by anyone adding in their own response. While there are people who are voting and answering honestly, there will be people who add the silly answers for the heck of it.

And it's a crime that "bacon" isn't a poll option. Maybe someone needs to write in a "Bacon. And carry is legal per state law, PU should follow state law" as an answer.

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    The Facebook poll can be changed by anyone adding in their own response. While there are people who are voting and answering honestly, there will be people who add the silly answers for the heck of it.

And it's a crime that "bacon" isn't a poll option. Maybe someone needs to write in a "Bacon. And carry is legal per state law, PU should follow state law" as an answer.

Done. :)

Top Bottom