• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've never had the pleasure. I've been thinking about treating my brother to a "Blast" for his birthday. He has a range in his front yard.

While it would be legal here, there are neighbors close by. They are used to gun fire due to the range, but we've never set off any Tannerite.

I know you mix it up prior to use, so I assume you could break it up into small charges and hold down on the neighborhood "freak-out."

My question is, what do you put the mixed Tannerite in to shoot it? Would small pill bottles work?
    How small of a charge can you go before you can't tell the difference?

I'd like to shoot some, but I don't want the neighbors calling Johnny law, or shooting back!:D

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Pill bottles or film canisters would work. I have never done more than a half pound at a time just because it gets costly. Half pound is loud but it doesn't sound like a car exploding or anything. I don't know if an amount as small as a pill bottle would really be worth it or not.

emsdial911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Lapel
    5lb Taped Together blew up a round bail in the back yard. Neighbors from 6 houses came running to see what was going in. GREAT STUFF!!!

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Once you shot a 2.5 lb you won't waste money on smaller ones. 1lbs aren't bad but 1/2 lbs aren't fun at all.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I've been told one guy around here mixes it up and then duct tapes small baggies of the mixed compound and posts on targets. It's supposed to work well.

I am sitting eight feet away from eight pounds of it I recently bought. Haven't used any yet. It is winter, after all.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    I've been told one guy around here mixes it up and then duct tapes small baggies of the mixed compound and posts on targets. It's supposed to work well.

I am sitting eight feet away from eight pounds of it I recently bought. Haven't used any yet. It is winter, after all.

Then stuff it inside a snowmans head and let your kids shoot it, be sure not to tell them about the tannernite though, should.be a blast for.them

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    This summer, I separated my tannerite out into pill bottles and we stuffed them in watermelons. A pill bottle will still turn a watermelon into vapor, I assure you. I'm cheap and I'd rather have a lot of decent booms, than one really big one. I don't think it's worth going too big unless you just really want to blow something big up or money is no object.

Saber

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Sonic boom

Try the Sonic Boom targets.
    They are louder than Tannerite, cheaper and made here in Indiana!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    http://www.hartatac.com/Products-Exploding_Targets.html

Tannerite is the expensive way to go. Buying 10lb of H2 Targets and using your own containers is great fun. You can just use the plastic bag if you want too. Duct tape is a good idea on small containers in case you get a grazing blow and don't detonate it. In those instances sometimes you crack the container and it all leaks out if not taped.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    You can also put charges underneath buckets of flour or other similar powder (coffee creamer) and use the explosive as an initiator for the dust.

Top Bottom