• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You know, I'm surprised that nobody brought up the fact that Porter County Juvenile Detention Center is right across the street.

insanemonkey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Lake County
    That is good news. Since the local residents don't seem to have a problem with it, it should go through. Unless some city counsel members decide to play activist. I would think1 million for development will be hard to turn down. Even for an activist

Capt. Jeff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    sweet! hope that goes through! i normally go to Blyths. i have been told they are going to be renovating their range during the month of July.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Still a long way to go. There were 50 cry babies there that were not allowed to speak. Now they are crying about that. It's a great place for a range, they are going to put a million dollars into an eyesore, and a huge chunk of tax revenue will go to the city.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Deb's sucks. Worst indoor range I've ever shot in. Their ventilation consisted of one of those ceiling air scrubbers you see in a bar or smoking section of a restaurant. It was also 10 feet behind the firing line. The lighting was worse.

I'd like to see a nice, clean indoor range in the area.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Deb's sucks. Worst indoor range I've ever shot in. Their ventilation consisted of one of those ceiling air scrubbers you see in a bar or smoking section of a restaurant. It was also 10 feet behind the firing line. The lighting was worse.

I was in there for the first time last week. The smoke was so thick I could barely see. If they even have a ventilation system it wasn't running. Won't be going there again.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I was in there for the first time last week. The smoke was so thick I could barely see. If they even have a ventilation system it wasn't running. Won't be going there again.

Same here, too bad they don't have some competition in the area. The area offers a great opportunity for someone who could build a decent indoor range. I know i'd be a regular.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    heard on the radio that the outdoor bb gun range got tossed out so it could passify the whiny neighbors.

Doubtful, these are the anti gunners that are using the proximity of the building to residential property as an excuse to strike down the project. Just like most dissenters they do not do any homework, and show up with a litany of unfounded, undocumented reasons why something shouldn't be put somewhere. There really isn't much residential within that general area. There is a cemetery out there, but I haven't heard about any complaints from the residents there. The animal shelter, county highway garage, a restaurant, a drug store to the west and south. A very small amount of residential property to the northeast bordered by the bulk of the 5 acre property. I guess they would rather have a vacant building, likely rodent infested instead of something that will generate significant tax revenue for the city...go figure.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Same here, too bad they don't have some competition in the area. The area offers a great opportunity for someone who could build a decent indoor range. I know i'd be a regular.

Sadly Deb's IS the only game in town for LAKE COUNTY in terms of indoor ranges. They know that and thus they can get away with how the place looks like. Customers will still come.

There are several big abandond buildings in LAKE COUNTY where indoor ranges could fit but alas no capital or will to attempt it (ie. zoning, putting up with the whinny babies of people close by, etc).

I guess they would rather have a vacant building, likely rodent infested instead of something that will generate significant tax revenue for the city...go figure.

Hey I agree with them. Until we (LAKE COUNTY) get a range ya (PORTER) should not get one either. :D

hankhill

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    I live within walking distance to it, and if I see another sign about property value going down, the sign is.

ejm874

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NWI/Indy
    This is kind of a repost, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone that went to the City Meeting on this today?

Didn't attend the meeting, but several attorneys in my office have been working on this with the city. I saw this evening that it was approved, and I'll report back with any information I get that may provide more detail than the news.

Top Bottom