• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Last weekend, October 12/13, 2013, I had the pleasure of going to Bob and Deb's home where they hosted an Appleseed for three divisions of Sea Cadets. They allowed us to take over their home range. They opened their modern pole barn to all of us, where they feed us supper Saturday night and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. And I'm not talking fast food, or easy fixins. Deb cooked and cooked very well all three meals.

They provided the Sea Cadets with multiple loaner rifles from their own gun safes. Bob, Deb, Deb's son (I didn't catch his name) and Trey, along with another very sweet lady, which I think was Deb's Mom were always checking on us. They bent over backwards to make sure we weren't in need of anything.

The Sea Cadets camped on their property, had a bonfire, played flashlight tag, played cards in the pole barn or worked on paracord braiding and even did PT at 5:30 in the morning out in the yard. Bob and Deb are truly making a difference in a lot of young men and women's lives. Thank you for your generousity and hospitality. You are really good people.

I would especially like to thank Deb's son and Trey. I had been assembling my very first AR last week and ran into some problems with the take down pin. I had it with me because another Appleseed instructor was going to help me with it on Sunday. I mentioned it to Deb on Saturday night and before I knew it, both of these young men had come out to the pole barn. They listened while I explained the problem I was having with the pin, instead of just taking the rifle, figuring they knew more than what an ole lady did. They helped me diagnois the problem and gave me the part to fix it, refusing to let me pay for it. That meant so much to me because I really want to be able to shoot my new AR at the instructor's KD this coming weekend. If it hadn't been for them, I'm not sure I would be.

Thanks again Bob and Deb for all you do for the Sea Cadets and the Appleseed Program.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I went in there this past Friday and the entire staff was rude and was never once asked if I needed help, if I was interested in anything, or even my presence acknowledged even when looking at the firearms at the counter. Will likely never step foot into their store again.

mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I bought my first gun in there about a year ago. I just sold it tonight and I plan to go back to PSS tomorrow to buy another gun. They have great prices.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    I went in there this past Friday and the entire staff was rude and was never once asked if I needed help, if I was interested in anything, or even my presence acknowledged even when looking at the firearms at the counter. Will likely never step foot into their store again.

That sucks. Usually they are right on top of helping customers.

Bob is one of the most decent dealers I have found. About 5 years ago I took a pistol in there to trade. It was an expensive pistol but I couldn't shoot it worth a damn. I agreed to trade it for a rifle with a loss on my end. I accepted the deal and was satisfied. Bob said he couldn't trade me like that and told me to go pick out a scope and mounts for the rifle. How many other dealers will do that?

I have bought many guns off him since!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Odd. I was in there xmas eve. swamped but two different people asked to make sure we were covered. I think it was Bob obviously wasnt having a good day. Two customers in a row in the 5 minutes I was in there were beating him up on cost. I personally didnt notice anything out of line as far as pricing, but these two were a trip. One was complaining about some kind of reloading component, shotshells, etc... I dont remember what. " I cant find anyone else in town that has it but, I just saw it online at "X" in the next state over that has it for $10 less!" "Yeah, I know. In order to have any on my shelf I had to drive there myself and pick some up from them. So the cost is going to be a bit more. Sorry, thats my cost."

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I've spent a lot of money in a lot of LGS over many years. I reckon about 80% of the dollars would total up to PSS. Must be some reasons... Oh yeah: Bob, Deb, John....

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I go to PSS a lot less these days. It's nothing they did but we have GPS tracking on our company trucks now and he is is just a tad out of the way... Plus I always seemed to come away poorer in the process!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've spent a lot of money in a lot of LGS over many years. I reckon about 80% of the dollars would total up to PSS. Must be some reasons... Oh yeah: Bob, Deb, John....

Of the three gun shops I visit when I'm on that side of town, I'm the same way - PSS gets the lion's share of my business. Their prices are fantastic, Bob is a great character that always makes me smile, and John is probably my favorite LGS guy to work with. If I'm having trouble deciding on something, I trust John's opinions, he has *never* steered me wrong.

GlockRyan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I've purchased from PSS in the past, always an interesting environment. Honestly, the prices haven't been great the past 3-4 times I've been in there. They haven't had many guns in stock and the ammo was scarce and pricey to say the least.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Bought a Glock 17 from them at the Indy 1500 a few years ago. I made an offer on it and he came back with an amount LESS than I offered!

I got a great deal on a G34 from him at the last Indy 1500. Nothing bad to say at all. I look forward to getting over to PSS to check it out sometime :)

mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I've purchased from PSS in the past, always an interesting environment. Honestly, the prices haven't been great the past 3-4 times I've been in there. They haven't had many guns in stock and the ammo was scarce and pricey to say the least.

That's really strange because I've had quite the opposite experience there. The prices on the guns I've looked at haven't really changed at all in the last 2 years. They haven't gone up at all in fact. In the last 3-4 months, their shelves have been fully stocked as far as I can tell and they had plenty of ammo on the shelves as well. Obviously the ammo isn't going to be as cheap as Walmart, but I haven't thought of it as more expensive than their competitors.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Great experience at PSS today, Beretta 92fs, out the door in less than 20mins
    Sounds like me today, but an M&P. if somebody doesn't ask if you need help, just tell somebody you do? I grabbed the first person that walked by, it just happened to be bob, they were swamped, reminded me of gun stores a year ago, but I still got great service!

Top Bottom