• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    Picked up a Stevens/Savage Model 67 at the Shipshewana show this weekend. The barrel already cut to 18 1/2 inches and I'd like to put a pistol grip on it to make it a proper "Boom Stick". Has anyone ever found a pistol grip that will fit this shotgun?

badmac183

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    hamlet, IN
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs14/f/2007/089/3/9/Sawed_Off_12_Gauge_Shotgun_by_FantasyStock.jpg
    Sawed_Off_12_Gauge_Shotgun_by_FantasyStock.jpg

found this on google

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Why not take the stock off, and take a piece of pine and whittle out a prototype. If that goes OK you should have the confidence to either cut down the stock or carve one out of hardwood.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    We are going to need photos in this thread, when you get it done!

Consider it done. I have a few projects ahead of it but I suspect this one may get bumped up on the list. I just need to decide how to finish it once I've exposed bare wood. I could take the easy route and just match the wood that's on it. Changing color on that textured foregrip would require a lot of sanding. Some deck tape might help with pistol grip end.

I've always wondered what spray-on bedliner would be like on a gun. I've heard of some AR builders using it. I might be able to chemically strip the varnish then spray on the texture. A boomstick doesn't need to be pretty, just functional... but bedliner might just be both.

BEFORE
    15z1bis.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom