• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    When Lowe's first came to Lafayette, they posted a notice on the front door stating that "Deadly weapons were prohibited".
    The store, as well as Lowe's headquarters were inundated with complaints from LTCH holders such as myself.
    They have EVERY right to disallow whatever they choose on their premises. It IS a private business. I also have the right to REFUSE to patronize such an establishment, and told them so in my communications.
    I do NOT know what made them change their policy, or even IF they changed it!
    I DO know that only a couple of months after opening, and receiving a bunch of flack, the signs banning "Deadly Weapons" from the store had mysteriously disappeared, and they do NOT attempt to enforce any such rule today.
    I OC all the time at the SOuth Bend Lowe's and nobody cares. So as far as I know, that one is "gun friendly."
    Not quite as gun friendly as the Home Depot, where I reported the FEMALE cashier flirting with me last week when I was OCing.

(sorry for the off-topic. Yes, I know...blah...blah...tacticool advantage, show your cards, cowboy, attention-whore, etc.)

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I used to think a derringer would be good for a back-up gun, but it sounds as if you risk shooting yourself just by carrying one.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I know a lot of people that carry pocket guns, myself included, and none of us have had a problem. Can you imagine when it went off? I wonder if he reached for his only to find out it was him that fired the shot or if he had to change his shorts when he left. I bet a couple of the workers amy have soiled themselves.

Top Bottom