• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Anywhere open on Saturday and Sunday around the Elwood area or the greenwood area on Sunday to pin and weld my muzzle device?

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I ended up dropping it off at Saltzman Gun Works and talked to Ray for a good hour. Plan on bringing him my 700 when it's time to rebarrel

ThisIsMyRifle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    Noblesville
    Cubbetm, I've been trying to get a hold of Saltzman for over a week to get an upper assembled and a muzzle device pinned, but he never answers the phone or returns phone calls. Did you call him before dropping off your rifle or did you just stop by?

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I called. He's a busy guy. His bother is opening a store in Kokomo (not gun related) so he's most likely helping him. He's always been pretty busy. Send me your info and ill get a hold of him for you

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    While we're on the topic, anybody know a good smith and/or welder in the Columbus area? I want to get an AAC Brakeout permanently attached which may have to be welded around the circumference rather than pinned due to the design of the aac

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If by most people you mean the ones that have been on here awhile and have made at least 50 posts? Us new guys can't PM until we make at least 50 posts.

I'm in your neck of the woods and just recently visited 30cal (8 minutes from my door). He's a good guy with a ton of knowledge (and tools). He's the type of person you hope to meet at INGO.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    Sorry I don't come across as you'd like, doesn't really matter to me either way. I'm not really worried whether I get "business" or not because I was just offering to do it for him, I wasn't going to charge him, but after reading some of the responses maybe I'll just recend my offer.

By the way, I've let a member here use my shop to finish his 80% ar lower, I've loaned out checkering fixtures and files, an AK bending jig and parkerized some parts for another guy, no charge. I guess I'm just an ass so I'll have to rethink loaning tools and my shop for free from now on, thanks for opening my eyes

ThisIsMyRifle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    Noblesville
    30Cal I don't think anyone was calling you an ass, and I also stated I wasn't trying to be a dick by what I said.

I'm new to this forum and I have no way of contacting anyone on here through PM until I have made 50 posts. Unless contact info is put publicly in the thread (which I know most people would rather not do) or you or someone else sends me a PM I will never have a way of contacting anyone. I think it pretty awesome that you are so willing to help people out and lend them your tools, but until I know how to contact you it doesn't do me any good.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    I sometimes forget that and sorry come off the way I did but someone contacted me for contact info and by PM and I mistakenly assumed it was you. I try to bend over backwards to help people and then I get questions about qualifications and such, I have plenty of work to keep me busy so I sometimes just don't give a **** when people want to question my abilities. I'll PM you my contact info if you want

KagA152

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 18, 2013
    Freetown
    While we're on the topic, anybody know a good smith and/or welder in the Columbus area? I want to get an AAC Brakeout permanently attached which may have to be welded around the circumference rather than pinned due to the design of the aac
    Any takers? 30cal would you be willing to help me out if I made the trek up your way? Last of my parts came in yesterday and this thing is almost ready to rock!

Top Bottom