• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wife has started snoring. So I'm going to need to start wearing earplugs. My concern is being able to hear my normal alarm, so I wanted to try a pillow shaker "silent" alarm. I currently use my phone which slowly ramps up gently. Since I'm going to be wearing plugs, I suspect I'll end up waking every day VERY abruptly with a hard elbow to the ribs because she'll hear it long before I will.

Anyone recommend a good one? Requirements, in order of importance:
    1. Silent vibrate only
    2. easy to find OFF button. All the ones I find have a big snooze with an "off" mixed in with other buttons identically sized/shaped. If yours can be turned off while in snooze mode, OK. (I had one that you couldnt turn off while snoozing)
    3. Dimmable. Wife cant stand bright clocks. She needs a dark room.
    4. Big Numbers

GO!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Never heard of the pillow alarm but I use my smartwatch when I need a silent wake-up. :dunno:
    Thats an idea. I'm hard on watches so Im using a cheap chinese one.

Since its Chinese I dont keep it connected to my phone. :tinfoil:

I may see if it has a built in alarm I can use.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Maybe look at this from a different angle. If she is consistently snoring, she may need get checked for sleep apnea. She might need a CPAP.
    Been there, done that. Already tried it. Gave up because she got far worse sleep using one. But I appreciate the suggestion.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I use a tape similar to this most nights. It solves congestion issues for me. And no snoring.

View attachment 293146
    I saw something similar on FB. Wife wasnt thrilled I suggested it by brand name... "Hostage Tape". LOL

And apparently I sometimes snore too. But I cant use anything that holds my mouth closed due to severe allergies. I'd either wake in a panic or suffocate and die.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Have you tried a white noise machine? I use one every night. If my wife starts snoring, I turn the volume up a little and go back to sleep.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Have you tried a pillow?

scalia-antonin-scalia.gif

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It fixes the issue where your jaw hangs open and partially closes your throat.
    I might have to try that... for a long time the mouth-pieces, the ones that set your lower jaw basically to an under-bite, had worked well for me... been using SnoreRX a long time, but not so much any more.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I saw something similar on FB. Wife wasnt thrilled I suggested it by brand name... "Hostage Tape". LOL

And apparently I sometimes snore too. But I cant use anything that holds my mouth closed due to severe allergies. I'd either wake in a panic or suffocate and die.

You gotta study up on the procedure and how to go about it. It's not like you are duct taping your mouth shut.

You are using medical type tape to lightly remind your mouth to stay shut. You are not closing off your mouth to all breathing. The size of the tape can vary according to how much you have trained yourself to need. As you get acclimated, small sections of tape work fine.

I started this spring because the allergies/congestion were bothersome to me. It's amazing how that taping the mouth shut and consciously nose breathing clears the sinuses.

Top Bottom