pictures on threads not showing up on phone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Hey all. Not site where to post this but all of the sudden pics in posts are not showing up on my phone? I have not had a problem in the past? Phone is a DROID X fwiw ..Is anyone else experiencing problems? Quick fix? Thanks

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Me too, i also have a droid, i tried to update to no avail.
    Im going to check thier website to see of theres a problem with certain updates.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Interesting. A few people have reported this, but nothing on INGO has changed, as far as I know. It has to be something on the phone or the carrier.

Brownie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    Fayette county
    Just spoke with Verizon technical support..Their suggestion was to remove battery with phone still turned on ...replace and this will fix my problem ..lmao yeah sure it will..I humored them and tried it. Needless to say still no pictures??? Don't understand this all of the sudden?

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm having this problem too, Droid platform with Sprint as carrier. I first noticed it I think over the weekend. The pics show up as tiny blue boxes with a question mark in them.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Here is the same image on three different image hosting sites:

Photobucket:
    Graffiti_zpsa172d5fd.jpg

Tinypic:
    21ltx5t.jpg

Imgur:
    EEAjppR.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My android phone through Sprint sees all 3 pictures that scutter posted

Someone in another thread provided a link to an INGO post where he was getting the broken link. That was to a Photobucket picture, and it loaded fine from every device I tried (both phone and computer). I don't know if the Droid recently had some sort of software update or if the carriers are having proxy issues or what the deal is, but it doesn't appear to be an INGO issue, as far as I can tell.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The first 2 pics were lil blue boxes...the third worked?? Still open for suggestions?

Photobucket and Tinypic are both owned by Photobucket, I think. I bet your phone is blocking Photobucket in some fashion. Or maybe Photobucket is rejecting connections from phones, maybe?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, this is a photobucket/tinypic problem. They're redirecting links to a "landing page" now instead of just showing you the freaking pic. It looks like mobile browsers are choking on the redirection. If you copy and paste this URL into a new page in your browser, you'll see what I mean:

[noparse]http://i53.tinypic.com/21ltx5t.jpg[/noparse]

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It works if you change the browser user agent on your phone to a desktop UA. So, Photobucket and Tinypic are redirecting differently depending on whether you're coming from a desktop or a mobile. This is why I use Imgur. :xmad:

Tagging for a solution since I too have this problem

There isn't one, really. This is a problem with Photobucket and Tinypic's websites. They've suddenly gone all "mobile unfriendly". You'll just have to wait until they fix it. You can try changing your browser's user agent (in your browser settings), but I can't promise it will work.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    It works if you change the browser user agent on your phone to a desktop UA. So, Photobucket and Tinypic are redirecting differently depending on whether you're coming from a desktop or a mobile. This is why I use Imgur. :xmad:

There isn't one, really. This is a problem with Photobucket and Tinypic's websites. They've suddenly gone all "mobile unfriendly". You'll just have to wait until they fix it. You can try changing your browser's user agent (in your browser settings), but I can't promise it will work.

I figured it was Photobuckets problem, just tagging incase someone hears that Photobucket came out with a solution and maybe to have the solution you have to do "xyz". Tagging so I know what xyz is

Top Bottom