8620 E. 21st Street
    Indianapolis, IN 46219
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​

Sgt. John Perrine
    Public Information Officer
    317-899-8287
    DATE: June 29, 2023​

Indianapolis, IN - A person was shot while driving a vehicle on I-65 southbound near Southport Road this evening. The incident occurred just after 7:30 p.m., which is when Indiana State Police Dispatchers received a 911 call reporting a man had been shot inside a vehicle. First responders arrived with the victim a short time later near I-65 and Southport Road and found an adult male with a serious injury consistent with a gunshot wound. The Indianapolis Fire Department responded and provided emergency medical aid. The man was conscious and alert when he was transported by IEMS to an area hospital.
    Indiana State Police Detectives responded to the scene to investigate. Preliminarily, investigators believe a road rage incident began on I-65 southbound near Southport Road leading to a person inside a vehicle pulling alongside the victim's silver Honda, and firing multiple shots into the vehicle. At least one of those bullets struck and seriously injured the driver of the Honda. The suspect vehicle then fled the area before police arrived.
    This is still an active crime scene and active investigation, detectives are asking anyone who may have witnessed this shooting, or was driving the area of I-65 near Southport Road around 7:30 p.m. on June 29th, and may have dash camera footage, to contact the Indiana State Police at 317-899-8577 or Crime Stoppers of Central Indiana.
    There is no further information to release at this time.​

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I was headed home from work driving in the opposite direction on 65 about 45 minutes after this happened, and thought it looked like the rear driver-side window had been shot out. Wondered why there were so many ISP units there. Damn!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still like to get where I'm going, but I have become overly conscientious of other drivers. Very aware of how my driving may effect others. I go out of my way to not engage others, let alone wouldn't dare use any hand signs.

Just posted a related thread...

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I suspect that there is more to this than one guy shooting up another car. More than likely, there was significant back-and-forth before the event. In no way am I condoning the shooting. These things are easily deescalated - one party just needs to show some maturity and walk away (figuratively).

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I suspect that there is more to this than one guy shooting up another car. More than likely, there was significant back-and-forth before the event. In no way am I condoning the shooting. These things are easily deescalated - one party just needs to show some maturity and walk away (figuratively).
    Like John Correia of Active Self Protection says, any fight avoided as a fight won.

People are completely nuts these days. Disrespect the wrong person and you could go down forever.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Like John Correia of Active Self Protection says, any fight avoided as a fight won.

People are completely nuts these days. Disrespect the wrong person and you could go down forever.

This right here.

I'm pretty well trained and proven with my self defense. I'm confident that if there is a way, I'd win or survive a gunfight.

The court battle could and would ruin the rest of your life though.

:(

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Last evening(6-30-23), you would think it was a retry for Mad Max movie. Nutty people cutting each other off, no signals, no courtesy, excessive speed, name it.
    After work, at midnight, same stuff going on, and now...foggy with best visibility at .75 miles.(usually 10 miles) WTH is wrong with people?
    Death Rage is my name for them. Road Rage was a compliment.
    Good luck, carry spare ammo.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    We are winding up a vacation in Michigan. Tonight we were going to dinner.

On a 4 lane road, we went around a guy in a Dodge ram that was going slow..you know the ones-big Cummings C decal on the rear window, 20ft extended towing mirrors for the one time a year he tows something, rusted out fenders and rockers...for whatever reason got mad I was in the left lane going around him and proceed to speedup, flip us off and then get front so he could do the douche move and tried to "roll coal" on us.

It failed because I got in the right lane to turn into the restaurant.

Humans suck...the whole bloody lot

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    We are winding up a vacation in Michigan. Tonight we were going to dinner.

On a 4 lane road, we went around a guy in a Dodge ram that was going slow..you know the ones-big Cummings C decal on the rear window, 20ft extended towing mirrors for the one time a year he tows something, rusted out fenders and rockers...for whatever reason got mad I was in the left lane going around him and proceed to speedup, flip us off and then get front so he could do the douche move and tried to "roll coal" on us.

It failed because I got in the right lane to turn into the restaurant.

Humans suck...the whole bloody lot
    I was standing on my porch recently and watched a tore up old Dodge Ram intentionally blast smoke at two young teen girls on bicycles. It’s a slight decline, but he punched the gas enough to blast a cloud at them. One of them asked her friend if the guy intentionally did it. How sad are some people’s lives?

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    I was standing on my porch recently and watched a tore up old Dodge Ram intentionally blast smoke at two young teen girls on bicycles. It’s a slight decline, but he punched the gas enough to blast a cloud at them. One of them asked her friend if the guy intentionally did it. How sad are some people’s lives?

A shame you don't know where this jackwagon lives, I know a few things that can really mess up a diesel engine. Not that I have any 1st hand experience with things like that... :whistle:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I don't drive that much anymore but when I do it's for fun...if someone is annoying me I stab the loud pedal in my GT500 and they are so one county ago.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The supply of ******** far exceeds the demand.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

It seems like it used to be all the rage back before the scamdemic.... I thought maybe the appeal to it had died off but every now and then I see it

Top Bottom