• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    Two weekends ago I went with the GF and her friends to Peppers in ripple. I was DD and wasn't drinking plus we were only going to be out for about an hour so I kept my G27 in the Comp-tec and went out.

I had been to Peppers before but it was a long time ago. When we enter the door the bouncer checked my GF's ID and she went in (no cover ladies night) I then had my id check and I went to walk around the bouncer and he side step in my way and then started patting me down. Before I even had time to object he said "ok go ahead of pay." My gf's face was priceless she thought I was going to get arrested or something.

I was like ok whatever and paid and went in. The thing that got me was he hit my G27 and didn't even notice. I probably should have just left after that. But the way I figured he didn't catch it so why do I care. So I went in with my G27 and stayed for about an hour and left.

They didn't have any signs posted about no firearms or anything. And I figured I didn't have a duty to inform him. I guess firearms are allowed he must have been patting me down looking for bombs or something :dunno:. Not to mention I also had my Kel-tec p3at in a wallet holster in my jacket, a emerson knife, and a can of mace.

While in there they had a very high security presence. I even noticed one bouncer that was walking around looking at people's right side for firearms I think.

I explained to my GF that I wasn't breaking any laws and if they did notice after I was in there and they objected then they could kindly ask me to leave.

Needless to say I won't be back there. Just thought I would pass on the information that you will be patted down if you are a male going into peppers in ripple. But they sure as hell suck at patting down. Which is a bad thing considering the clientele should be check extensively.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    the door guy probably knew you had it on you..
    I used to be one o those guys..

sometimes all they are checking for is smuggled booze..
    sometimes they 'profile' but need to 'check' everyone to be fair...

it would have been a good bet the security in there out gunned you..

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    The strange thing is, I've only ever been patted down once, when I was going into The Frige in Brixton (England), the bouncer even asked if I was carrying "a gun, knife or other weapon"...funny, I thought they didn't have knives or guns over there?

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have been "wanded" 2X while carrying 2 guns & spare mages for each, a couple of knives, OC spray, etc. w/o a hint of a "beep". This was @ a movie theater in Indy while going to a special screening. My friend, who knew I was packing, said, "Boy, I feel safe, now!" after we went through.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I got "bump frisked" in a gentleman's establishment in Lexington back in the late 1990s. I didn't know it had a name or what they were doing until obijohn told me. The person(s) doing it were mostly nekkid and smelled good, so I didn't object to them knowing I had a lot of gear on my BatBelt. I like it better when they frisk me for my gun, though. :D

sivins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    So you can carry anywhere you want, as long as you have the legal paperwork and such, and theres no signs posted sayin you cant?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So you can carry anywhere you want, as long as you have the legal paperwork and such, and theres no signs posted sayin you cant?

No, that's not entirely true. There are places prohibited by law and you have a responsibility to know what those are (they're listed in the IN and Federal statutes and they're repeated on this board dozens of times, so use the search function). In Indiana, signs prohibiting firearms have no force of law behind them. At worst, you will be guilty of trespassing, and then only if you refuse to leave when asked (which has nothing to do with a firearm you may be carrying).

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    No, that's not entirely true. There are places prohibited by law and you have a responsibility to know what those are (they're listed in the IN and Federal statutes and they're repeated on this board dozens of times, so use the search function). In Indiana, signs prohibiting firearms have no force of law behind them. At worst, you will be guilty of trespassing, and then only if you refuse to leave when asked (which has nothing to do with a firearm you may be carrying).

Beat me to it. Thats why you have 5000+ post

sivins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I will check that list. I have not carried anywhere yet. And i wont until i know when and where i should carry. Thanks for the tips

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

"Units" (cities and counties) within the State may forbid carry on their property. Federal property is generally a big no-no (exceptions being National Forests, which often allow hunting among other things), schools and day cares are a big no-no, a few other things.

As far as private property is concerned, you may carry anywhere, posted or not. If, however, the owners or their representatives ask you to leave (for carrying or, for that matter, for any other reason) you must do so or be liable to charges of trespass.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn

No offence to you sivins, but:

It amazes me how often those kind of questions get asked.

Do people not think that there might be laws regulating the purchase & transportation of firearms? I would think they would want want to know just so you don't get busted for doing something stupid. I know it was the first concern I had when I got my first gun.

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I hardly go out without mine anymore. Was in ripple this past weekend went to 3 or 4 places and no problem. Same with downtown.

Top Bottom