• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just finished watching the news report. It was actually pretty objective, with them making what I thought was a good point to note that it is unknown whether the shooter actually legally purchased the handguns used.

The point being that he did have a history of mental illness. However, they did go on to mention that he could have purchased them legally in a private sales. :noway:

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Amazing that shear speculation is used to get their point across rather than just reporting the facts. :rolleyes: And then they wonder why newspaper and mainstream news are both falling in ratings and viewership.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The point being that he did have a history of mental illness. However, they did go on to mention that he could have purchased them legally in a private sales. :noway:

Actually no he couldn't of. He was a CA resident. CA does not allow for private transfers without going through a ffl I'm pretty sure. And since according to federal law you can't purchase a handgun from another state without it going through an ffl in your state of residence. There is no way he could of bought it legally in a private sale if he couldn't of legally bought it from an ffl.

JustGone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    In the PRK now =(
    Actually no he couldn't of. He was a CA resident. CA does not allow for private transfers without going through a ffl I'm pretty sure. And since according to federal law you can't purchase a handgun from another state without it going through an ffl in your state of residence. There is no way he could of bought it legally in a private sale if he couldn't of legally bought it from an ffl.

Yup NO private party sales of firearms in CA...

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yup NO private party sales of firearms in CA...

I think the TV reporter mentioned that point...but went on to say that he could have done a private sale in a neighboring state.

Either way, the point is that they went out of their way to stress the "Private Sale Loophole" that so many anti-2a folks like to jump up and down and stick in our face.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I think the TV reporter mentioned that point...but went on to say that he could have done a private sale in a neighboring state.

Can you buy handguns in any state without an in state driver's license? I know you can't in Indiana. I don't think there is any way this could be a legally purchased firearm.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Can you buy handguns in any state without an in state driver's license? I know you can't in Indiana. I don't think there is any way this could be a legally purchased firearm.

Yeah, that. /\

Saying he could have done a private party sale in another state is just
    a way to smear any kind of gun sale pure and simple.

If your not a resident of Indiana and come to Indiana to buy a handgun
    then you are breaking the law if you buy in a "private" sale. FFL or no go.
    Again he obtained them illegally. - hence only criminals will have guns if the anti's get their way.:twocents:

Top Bottom