• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I just recived my Pennsylvania Carry Permit today! Its kind of fun to see how many I can get. I'm waiting on Utah, Conn, New Hamp, and Florida.

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    Sure do. I just want to get as many as I can. I need Utah for Ohio, an Florida gets me Kansas.

I belive you have to have a Florida Resident licence to get Kansas.
    The same applys for West Virginia and S. Carolina

I like carryconcealed.net because you input your resident state first,
    then any out of state licences. That changes the map you get from
    handgunlaw.us, where the licences are input at the same time and
    gives false results. Now that I'm looking harder, there is a small dis-
    claimer below the map listing the states that require residency.
    Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map This is not a slam
    on handgunlaw.us , but their reciprocity map will fool you if your not
    reading closely.

U.S. CCW Reciprocity Map from CarryConcealed.net

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Under present law, there are 17 states that an IN resident will not be legally able to carry in under any circumstance short of being a LEO.

Three of those recognize other states, just not ours, and they only recognize those CCW/LTCH/whatever for residents of the issuing state. Those three are KS, SC, and WV.
    There are twelve states that recognize only their own CCW/LTCH/whatever, those being CA, CT, HI, IA, ME, MD, MA, NE, NJ, NY, OR, and RI. In other words, CA recognizes only a CA CCW. MD recognizes only MD.

Finally, IL and WI do not even trust their own citizens with the lawful carry of firearms.

On the other side of the coin, there are seven states that recognize a UT CFP that do not recognize an IN LTCH. Those seven are DE, MN, NV, NM, OH, VA, and WA.

Finally, our LTCH is recognized in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NH, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, and WY. Note that CO, FL, MI, and NH, like KS, SC, and WV, recognize only resident LTCHs, though those four do recognize IN.

The choice is yours, of course. Maybe you just like having a bunch of CCWs. It just seems wasteful to me to spend on permits you don't need that duplicate things you already have. With my LTCH and my UT CFP, I can lawfully carry in 33 states.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

tlcmbc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Woodburn, In.
    Ok. I may be stupid but how do you apply for a non resident license say in Utah? Do you have to go there to be finger printed etc? How do you pay the fees etc.? I live 8 miles from Ohio so would like to be able to carry there.

Top Bottom