Penn & Teller explain the meaning of the 2nd Amendment!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason91887

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    its from their episode of "bull****" about gun control. It's a fantastic episode. I know clips from that episode have been posted quite a bit on here.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    While I agree with their conclusion, I disagree with their argument. Penn and Teller are equating the word "militia" with the modern "military". This is an incorrect comparison. The old definition of "militia" was, "the body of all able-bodied men, trained in arms." This was differentiated from the "standing army" which we now call "the military". When the 2nd Amendment refers to to "the militia" and "the people", it is essentially referring to the same thing.

A "well-regulated" militia meant a "properly function" militia, back in the day. It does not mean "regulation by law", as the proponents of big governement would like you to believe.

Some the 2A is actually saying, "Since an armed body of citizens is necessary to keep a fee nation, the right of those citizens to own and carry arms shall not be infringed." It is implied that the armed citizenry is expected to counterbalance the government's standing army.

I agree with Penn and Teller's defense of the 2nd Amendment, but I think they are a little off with the facts.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i love penn and teller. i may not agree 100% with everything they stay, but dag gone it, were are rocking a 95% at least agreement rating. i am really surprised they have not had an "accident" during one of their shows.

Top Bottom