• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Charges dropped, video to not be released.

Rules for us and then rules for the elite. Another blow for the public image of law and order.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN

Paul Pelosi, has been charged with driving under the influence, causing injury...

...a minimum of five days in jail...

Makes you wonder if he drove his Porsche drunk to get a five day vacation from Nancy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Probation and 7k fine.

Seems pretty light to me.
    Especially considering his net worth.

He probably has more than that in his couch cushions.
    Too bad he didnt get popped in one of the european countries. Norway? One of those northern Euro states bases traffic fines on your income. So you or I might get a 200 fine, but a guy like him might have to pay 20,000. Or more.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I saw this earlier on Jesse Waters. Video was released after the choreographed "trial". Two cars destroyed, the guy Paulie P hit is still receiving medical treatment.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Probation and 7k fine.

Seems pretty light to me.
    A lot depends on where you get it among other things. No idea about now but it used to be in Lake Co first offense(and possibly subsequent offenses) could be pled down to reckless driving, 6-12 mo jail suspended, year probation, minor fine and court costs, and alcohol abuse classes.

Porter county, nope. They wouldn't allow a plea to a lesser charge and at least some jail time was guaranteed, if the person was working they would get weekends, and generally a healthy fine and classes. Guy I know got 1 yr jail, all but 30 days suspended, serve 15 weekends. Check in to the jail on Friday night by a certain time and be released sometime on Sunday. Breathalyzer and pee test on check in.

I know a guy who got one in IL he pled guilty, judge took it under advisement after a year charges were dismissed. And that one involved an accident with serious injuries.

All the above refer to "normal" people.

What I want to know is what 2 days did Pelosi serve? IIRC he was bonded out within hours.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Porter county, nope. They wouldn't allow a plea to a lesser charge and at least some jail time was guaranteed, if the person was working they would get weekends, and generally a healthy fine and classes. Guy I know got 1 yr jail, all but 30 days suspended, serve 15 weekends. Check in to the jail on Friday night by a certain time and be released sometime on Sunday. Breathalyzer and pee test on check in.

For first time offence? Was that for causing a crash with serious injuries? Or just driving? Seems very draconian. All I've ever heard is license suspension and fines for 1st or 2nd offence.

IMO what Paul received was pretty close what a "normal" person would've. I'm sure there's lots of favoritism in CA for those attached to liberal politicians. But several thousand in fines and license suspension seems a normal punishment.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    For first time offence? Was that for causing a crash with serious injuries? Or just driving? Seems very draconian. All I've ever heard is license suspension and fines for 1st or 2nd offence.

IMO what Paul received was pretty close what a "normal" person would've. I'm sure there's lots of favoritism in CA for those attached to liberal politicians. But several thousand in fines and license suspension seems a normal punishment.
    For porter co, yep first offense no accident involved. The police found him passed out at a stop light. That was standard for there at the time. Plead guilty or convicted of a DUI you're going to do some jail time. If you have a job they'll let you serve weekends or work release(jail except allowed to leave for work), no job just straight jail till you're time is up.

And yeah for most places what Pelosi received seems to be pretty normal, except perhaps for the 5 days, most that I have heard of usually sentence to longer with other than time served suspended.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I saw this earlier on Jesse Waters. Video was released after the choreographed "trial". Two cars destroyed, the guy Paulie P hit is still receiving medical treatment.

Saw this earlier. What a sham. The victim is injured, under medical care means this is a felony. They left all that out and pretended it didn’t exsist and made a decision and gave him the very least anyone could ever get. They were all in on it. It’s called bribery.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Saw this earlier. What a sham. The victim is injured, under medical care means this is a felony. They left all that out and pretended it didn’t exsist and made a decision and gave him the very least anyone could ever get. They were all in on it. It’s called bribery.
    It's not bribery, its called being connected.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom