• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I replaced a broken firing pin (dry firing without snap cap) on my Beretta 92FS. Put 200 rounds through it after, and noticed that the pin holding the extractor is working its way loose.

Soooo, I found out that the hole on the frame is "slotted" and then peened so that a small bit of metal on each side is pushed in to secure the extractor pin.

Now, for the tool. Some say a screwdriver will do, others say Beretta recommends a 1/4" cold chisel, filed down little bit. Anyone here have any experience with this?

I just want to make sure that whatever tool I use, when I screw it up, the tool makes a nice deep long gouge from the top to the bottom of the slide-no half measures for me. I know it's going to happen, I just know it.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    dont make it harder than it is. I usually use a 1/16" punch. a flatblade screwdriver will work. filed down chisel will work (and hold up better which is probably by beretta recommends it). I've done it dozens of times.

-rvb

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    dont make it harder than it is. I usually use a 1/16" punch. a flatblade screwdriver will work. filed down chisel will work (and hold up better which is probably by beretta recommends it). I've done it dozens of times.

-rvb

Thanks. I feel better about it now.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom