• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yeah it was a stray bullet in Chicago, where else?

Talk about crazy.

Man spits bullet out after being shot in mouth on South Side :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES

A man spit a bullet out after it pierced his mouth and knocked out a tooth early Monday morning in the South Side Park Manor neighborhood.

The shooting happened at 4:35 a.m. in the 7300 block of South Calumet Avenue, according to police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak.

The 39-year-old victim was walking down the street when he realized he had been shot. The bullet knocked a tooth out, but did not penetrate the man's mouth and he was able to spit the bullet out, Kubiak said.

It was unclear what caliber weapon was used in the shooting.

The man was taken to Jackson Park Hospital and Medical Center in "stable" condition, police said. No description of the offender was available as of early Monday afternoon.

Calumet Area detectives are investigating.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Very poorly written article. In one part it says "after it pierced his mouth and knocked out a tooth" while in another part it says "The bullet knocked a tooth out, but did not penetrate the man's mouth and he was able to spit the bullet out." Talk about your magic bullet. Still pretty freaky though. Poor fella just walkin down the street at 4am mindin his own biznezz when BAM!!! Shot in the mouth!

"It was unclear what caliber weapon was used in the shooting" Why? They have the bullet.

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    This is a terribly written article and I'm inclined to even call bull:poop:.

Even if this bullet was such a low caliber that it could hit ONLY one tooth.... the velocity would have to be so low at the point at which it would only pierce the cheek and knock out a tooth without traveling further would mean that there is almost no way I can imagine without an incredible arc that the bullet could be at the height of someone's head.

I wonder if this was perhaps a pellet?

Last edited:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    It must of been one of those 380 specials.

NotSureIfSerious.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    probaby a 25acp out of a jimnez that the firing pin only hit about 2/3 of the primer and the bullet was traveling at very low velocity.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    It wouldn't surprise me if the story was completely fabricated. It's time to scare up everyone. The handgun ban is about to be dropped! Look what happens! Bullets just go flying everywhere, knocking out people's teeth.

If the bullet didn't penetrate his mouth, then how could he have spit it out?

Top Bottom