• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    As I tried to discuss some inane piece of Americana from the 20th century with two different generations of grown adults (who had no idea what I was talking about), I realized that much of our culture is being lost to DC/Marvel Universe, animated movies, TwitTocBookToob and media sanitization of all kinds. We're not keeping and sharing the evidence of who we were and where we come from in front of American children. I'm sure this is no great surprise, but the extent of our heritage being lost or forgotten is truly tragic.

I also realized that we have very little mention of a great American treasure here on INGO, and I'd like to bring his legacy front and center for some of our members that weren't around for AM radio's heyday as well as those who never had a chance to hear his wisdom before he passed.

Most of you probably remember The Rest of the Story... Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Please post your recommendations for listening and any personal remembrances of pickup truck rides across our great nation.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    As I tried to discuss some inane piece of Americana from the 20th century with two different generations of grown adults (who had no idea what I was talking about), I realized that much of our culture is being lost to DC/Marvel Universe, animated movies, TwitTocBookToob and media sanitization of all kinds. We're not keeping and sharing the evidence of who we were and where we come from in front of American children. I'm sure this is no great surprise, but the extent of our heritage being lost or forgotten is truly tragic.

I also realized that we have very little mention of a great American treasure here on INGO, and I'd like to bring his legacy front and center for some of our members that weren't around for AM radio's heyday as well as those who never had a chance to hear his wisdom before he passed.

Most of you probably remember The Rest of the Story... Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Please post your recommendations for listening and any personal remembrances of pickup truck rides across our great nation.

Miss this guy.... Miss that culture too.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I got excited when I saw they started a podcast. 3 episodes of 2 stories each (or so) got posted then immediately stopped. I was looking forward to hearing his work again.

Not sure what the deal was with that. Either somebody tried to create it and it got shutdown for copyright issues, or they started to and stopped for some reason. I lean toward the latter because if the creator got a C&D, I would have expected the podcast to disappear entirely, not just stop with 6 violations still available for download.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    He broadcast this in 1965

I don't want to use the term prophetic, but his insight into the problems of his day and the outcomes of the social revolution of the 60s could not have been more spot on. I could hardly imagine another 55 year old prediction from a radio host being more accurate.

Maybe it's because it is all just more of the same. Just because we have fancier TVs, smartphones, electric cars and non-stop rivers of social media and entertainment doesn't mean we are doing better as a society.

Maybe connectivity and non-stop social activities do not equal a better existence. Maybe a life of comfort and convenience has a price.
    What if the experience of living has a price to paid? If reward is derived from a hard-worked task (something earned) then maybe the reciprocal is devaluation being found in things that come easy.

Maybe that is the way it has always been and always will be. Who doesn't like free money and cheap food?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Pandemic disease is not new. Popular despair has always been contagious.
    Yet now, we have no heroes to ride and inspire our salvation.

Top Bottom