• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Are there any places to buy patio stone other than The Stone Center? We have about 800 sq. ft. of patio to lay, and we priced out some stone from The Stone Center that we really liked. I was just wondering if there are any other stores that carry stone that we overlooked. We are on the north side of Indy. Thanks.

We don't want pavers or a concrete slab. As far as I know, Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, etc. does not carry natural stone.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Try to get me a pic of what you are looking for and how soon you need it. I can at least quote you a price and time frame.

I didn't take a picture. On the quote it reads "HS 1 3/4" Carmel Sunset DARK Fossil Slabs." That probably doesn't mean anything to you. It's a stone that comes in big pieces (approx. 2-3 ft. in diameter) and has been cut to 1 3/4 inches thick. I will try to get a picture or find it on the web.

As far as a time period, they said it would take approx. 2 weeks from the time we order. I don't really care, but would like to get it done this spring.

Thanks.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'll have to look at a couple of my vendors and see what I can come up with. I should be in a position to do that either Sunday or Monday. I'll keep you posted on what I find.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Thanks. If it helps, they priced it out at $700/ton for retail. A ton will cover about 100 sq. ft. I actually get wholesale pricing from them, so it will run about $560/ton.

Neezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    there is a place here in fort wayne called fort wayne rocks. i know that they are further away then the stone center, but it might be worth a try. they are very competitive in indiana and there variety is awesome. if nothing else maybe you can get some fresh ideas. they transport large loads to indy very often, and maybe they could transport your load from south fort wayne direct to your house. their phone number is 260-672-3600. good luck to you

Glock4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Elkhart, IN
    Whether you plan to build alandscape stone project or hire a landscape stone professional, look to the professionals from Stone Center of Indiana for expert advice on landscape projects and landscape stone. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Stone Center of Indiana has the largest selection of natural stone and manufactured stone for your landscape stone project. Stone Center delivers to many nearby cities including but not limited to Anderson, Bloomington, Columbus, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Marion, Muncie, Lafayette, Louisville, South Bend, and Terre Haute. Please contact a Stone Center of Indiana sales professional at (855) 211-9100 for more information.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    There's a place on old SR 38 just east of Noblesville. Don't know the info, but should be easily googled or yellow paged.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Holy necro bump, batman! I clicked on the thread not realizing it was mine from two years ago. Anyway, we got the patio taken care of, and we ended up buying from The Stone Center. We had it professionally laid as well. Some of the pieces were at least 3' X 6', not exactly easy to handle.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Whether you plan to build alandscape stone project or hire a landscape stone professional, look to the professionals from Stone Center of Indiana for expert advice on landscape projects and landscape stone. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, Stone Center of Indiana has the largest selection of natural stone and manufactured stone for your landscape stone project. Stone Center delivers to many nearby cities including but not limited to Anderson, Bloomington, Columbus, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Marion, Muncie, Lafayette, Louisville, South Bend, and Terre Haute. Please contact a Stone Center of Indiana sales professional at (855) 211-9100 for more information.

I know a couple years to late for this party, but I like this place:
    Indianapolis, Mulch, Topsoil, Stone, Compost, Soil, Delivery, Landscaping | TiffanyLawnandGarden.com Home

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    A couple of years old, but useful! I've got a 350 sq. ft. patio to lay this spring.

on another note: looks like Glock4Life is making a run for the classifieds! :draw:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A couple of years old, but useful! I've got a 350 sq. ft. patio to lay this spring.

on another note: looks like Glock4Life is making a run for the classifieds! :draw:

Here is what we went with. The patio ended up being approx 800 sq. ft. I'll have to look up what the stone was called if you want it, but here is a pic:

patio_zpsa3eb8f88.jpg

We have some planter boxes up by the deck that are about the same colors as the patio. You can kind of see them at the bottom of the pic with the overgrown chives. I can get more pics, if you'd like. Good luck.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    WOW! That looks fantastic. It is almost the same color(s) we are looking for, though we'll likely go with a more "regular" pattern. I've got to figure out a fire-pit at well.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Here are some pics of the retaining walls/planter boxes that we did around the deck. We chose this instead of a railing, so they had to span around 4' from the deck (to catch a person falling) per code/insurance. Please ignore the mess, as we took these just after finishing the boxes. These were taken before the patio was done (obviously).

DSCN0961.jpg

DSCN0966.jpg

DSCN0962.jpg

DSCN0964.jpg

DSCN0967-1.jpg

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How much did that cost you installed?

Just the patio? We did this project in phases. First phase were the planter boxes, which we did ourselves. Next phase was the wall you see in the back. It was supposed to be smooth-finished, dyed concrete, but they lost the concrete (cured too quick) due to a bad ratio, and they came out an put tile and caps on it (we paid for the tile). Then we had the patio laid, and topsoil graded.

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    just the patio

We already had the base dug out and filled/compacted with 53's, so for the flagstone, leveling sand, edging, locking sand and labor, I'm guessing around $9,000 - $10,000 (I'll have to dig out the receipts to be sure). We got a hell of a deal on the labor (friends pricing), and we got "contractor's pricing" on the materials.

Top Bottom