• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Under sentencing it could have undue influence on the well deserved harshness of the penalty.
    Their defense will argue that blah blah terrible mistake, husband forgives them, leniency your honor, etc. etc.
    Meanwhile she died in horror and agony along with her unborn child.
    The child and husband she left behind have to live with the consequences the lowest scum of society placed upon them.
    It's not something I could forgive. Does that make me a bad person? Meh.

No......it does not. It would be a horrible burden to carry through out the rest of your life. Maybe he knows this and wants to be a positive for his child.
    I have no idea how I would cope. Most likely would not.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I recall a saying some branch of the military uses, to the effect that (paraphrased) 'forgiveness is not our job, but the Lord's. Our job is to arrange the meeting.'

I didn't read the article a few posts up, but it seems to me from what y'all are saying that this man, being a man of God, has reversed the above: His job is not to arrange the meeting, but to remove the hate from his heart, akin to the advice people get who hold grudges: they only hurt the one holding them.

I'm not sure I could do that. I rather think I'd enjoy being the one to push the button/throw the breaker/pull the trigger/whatever to send the dirtbags straight to hell.

THEN I would consider forgiving them- once I knew they could never harm another living soul.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would also forgive these scumbags.

Just as soon as I watched them PIZZ their selves while being fried......

Tough all the way around. It's not the Christian way, but I think, I too, would enjoy seeing someone who did harm to a loved one perish in a horrible, painful way. And if given the chance to do it myself, I could be quite creative. I'm imagine I'd be like that guy in the movie when he catches the guy who killed his family.... "You're heart is beating so fast..... mine too."

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Tough all the way around. It's not the Christian way, but I think, I too, would enjoy seeing someone who did harm to a loved one perish in a horrible, painful way. And if given the chance to do it myself, I could be quite creative. I'm imagine I'd be like that guy in the movie when he catches the guy who killed his family.... "You're heart is beating so fast..... mine too."

This would be my response only set in modern day. No big heavy duty plan, no fanfare, just a simple question and then a bullet to the skull. Problem solved...no remorse.

[video=youtube;GoUYF82HOh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoUYF82HOh4[/video]

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine

"Law Abiding Citizen". Great movie.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    Seems like our justice system does whatever it can to ensure criminals end up back on the street to do it again. Really makes me wish the pastors wife was armed and a really good shot.

Top Bottom