PART 3: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience, and what is all this crap about pineapple on pizza.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I have a contrarian streak, so I will add this.

Someone new joins the group and starts doing a lot of posts. Yes, it could be they just want access to the classified section, but, on the other hand, maybe they are just enjoying the forum and diving in.

Do you really want to be the grumpy old dude yelling, "GET OFF MY LAWN!"?

:dunno:
    I'm inclined to think like you, but sometimes the numbers just don't work out for this sort of thinking.

For example, in the latest case (@Kanon) with 1-2 minutes between posts, it just doesn't leave enough time to read the thread before responding. I suppose that all the reading could have been done ahead of time, then responses composed before actually posting the reply, but does that sound realistic?

I'm hoping that the warning that KiA issued is heeded and this new member will stick around for a long time.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Fiddy posts is easy enough. It's the 'quality' qualifyer where the INGO Man gets ya. The INGO Man always tryin' to keep a good runner down. In all seriousness, I wonder if most runners are looking to sell or buy....

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I have a contrarian streak, so I will add this.

Someone new joins the group and starts doing a lot of posts. Yes, it could be they just want access to the classified section, but, on the other hand, maybe they are just enjoying the forum and diving in.

Do you really want to be the grumpy old dude yelling, "GET OFF MY LAWN!"?

:dunno:
    You're not wrong, but let me ask you a question.
    When you enter a room, full of equals having a discussion, do you listen to what is being discussed, said, agreed with, or dissented? Do you gauge the temperature and tenor of the conversation, so that you can enter and engage positively.
    Or do you immediately start spouting your opinions and criticisms, perhaps even hurling invective or curses without regard for the sensitivity, or maturity of the participants or subject matter?

Sometimes it's in the how one engages others, more so than the when, why, or if.
    Many newbs read a dead thread title and post without even scanning the thread for the real direction of the conversation, or what it veered into, much less any regard for the timeliness or relevance of their post. They're usually the ones racing for a post count for a new shiny.
    It's how you get a thread with fifty answers, all exactly the same.

Maybe it's the boomer in me, but unless I'm the boss of a group of people, and my job is to take charge of them and direct them, then I listen quietly to what is being said, and try to gauge, to the best of my ability, the value and need of my contribution. This is after a decade of membership here.......am I being unreasonable in expecting the same from new members? Or maybe the new way of communicating is to only respond to the OP, ignoring the input of others, and just proving me dated.

JMTC.

Midwestjimbo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Highland
    You're not wrong, but let me ask you a question.
    When you enter a room, full of equals having a discussion, do you listen to what is being discussed, said, agreed with, or dissented? Do you gauge the temperature and tenor of the conversation, so that you can enter and engage positively.
    Or do you immediately start spouting your opinions and criticisms, perhaps even hurling invective or curses without regard for the sensitivity, or maturity of the participants or subject matter?

Sometimes it's in the how one engages others, more so than the when, why, or if.
    Many newbs read a dead thread title and post without even scanning the thread for the real direction of the conversation, or what it veered into, much less any regard for the timeliness or relevance of their post. They're usually the ones racing for a post count for a new shiny.
    It's how you get a thread with fifty answers, all exactly the same.

Maybe it's the boomer in me, but unless I'm the boss of a group of people, and my job is to take charge of them and direct them, then I listen quietly to what is being said, and try to gauge, to the best of my ability, the value and need of my contribution. This is after a decade of membership here.......am I being unreasonable in expecting the same from new members? Or maybe the new way of communicating is to only respond to the OP, ignoring the input of others, and just proving me dated.

JMTC.
    This.
    Although, I think I take it to an extreme. I read, for information, for entertainment, sometimes to frustration (usually the political stuff) and just when I think I have a comment to add, someone else posts it. Well, at least I know it would have been a good post.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    The bottom line is, the right time to get your 50 posts is BEFORE you spot something in the classies that you can't live without. I lurked here without signing up for a really long time. Then i saw something I wanted, resigned myself to knowing it would be gone before I got to 50, signed up, started posting, and figured I'd be ready for the next one.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    The bottom line is, the right time to get your 50 posts is BEFORE you spot something in the classies that you can't live without. I lurked here without signing up for a really long time. Then i saw something I wanted, resigned myself to knowing it would be gone before I got to 50, signed up, started posting, and figured I'd be ready for the next one.
    You also get to have stimulating and educational materials posted.. on why Pineapple on Pizza is best.

Now I feel like ordering one of those Hawaiian pizzas that replace the marinara with BBQ

1701016393121.jpeg

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I've been waiting a long time for my 50
    Quality Posts award to come through. I've given up hope and stopped looking at the classifieds.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    You also get to have stimulating and educational materials posted.. on why Pineapple on Pizza is best.

Now I feel like ordering one of those Hawaiian pizzas that replace the marinara with BBQ

View attachment 314556
    Bbq chicken pizza is good. Especially for us sensitive to tomatoes and tomato paste.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I tried pineapple on pizza………….and I liked it. I will wait for my punishment, while eating another slice.
    Worry not...

Its like the whole Ranch or Blue Cheese with wings argument..
    Or if Boneless Wings count as "Wings"

All these people forget it goes in the same pit in your stomach anyway.

W3s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2019
    Indianapolis
    Long time lurker here, recently saw something I wanted to buy, then realized I cant message anymore. Found out you need the 50 quality posts, but its hard to find topics that I'm knowledgeable in.
    Question- I see people with 1000's of posts, claiming they still cant comment in classifieds... is this just sarcasm?

Top Bottom