PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    TECHNICALLY aren't we are all supporters because we generate traffic and sponsors are paying for our traffic. Paying additional cash is an additional level of supporter not the only.
    LOL
    well, then what do you think the CPM is on ads for gun sites after Google canceled them? Every decent ad network is on a Google ad network system, so we are blacklisted. To put it in perspective, this site prob made more, 5 plus years ago, than I can make on 7 gun forums, plus the additional income of 4 other gun forums from folks I know. Even then, it will be a stretch.

GunsCarsPlanes

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2021
    NWI
    LOL
    Hence the emphasis on "TECHNICALLY". The wife has a graduate degree in marketing and runs a small business with about 10 accounts so I know the pain secondhand, gun stuff is probably that much worse.

I was just exchanging a volley in jest with the guy who was giving me a zing. I should officially be a site supporter as of this post, if I'm looking to save 20 bucks maybe I shouldn't be looking at tax stamps right?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    LOL
    well, then what do you think the CPM is on ads for gun sites after Google canceled them? Every decent ad network is on a Google ad network system, so we are blacklisted. To put it in perspective, this site prob made more, 5 plus years ago, than I can make on 7 gun forums, plus the additional income of 4 other gun forums from folks I know. Even then, it will be a stretch.
    Thank you.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Stereotypes go both ways buddy..... people have opinions that sometimes don't jive, mods love to peacock.... what else is new I'm just here to make friends and get that post count.
    So this is based on your extensive dealings with the staff here at Indiana Gun Owners?

Thank you for supporting INGO.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I promise you if the 50 post rule wasn't a thing nothing noticeable would change.
    You don't know how many people here started out by trying to get their 50 posts, and in the process discovered what a fun, knowledgeable, and unique community exists on this site, and ended up sticking around for much more than the classifieds because of it. I should know because I happen to be one of those people. Without the 50 post rule, I for one would most likely have never ended up hanging out here like I do now.

Then again, my humble self not being on this forum could very well fall into the category of "nothing noticeable", so I guess you may have a point... :)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You don't know how many people here started out by trying to get their 50 posts, and in the process discovered what a fun, knowledgeable, and unique community exists on this site, and ended up sticking around for much more than the classifieds because of it. I should know because I happen to be one of those people. Without the 50 post rule, I for one would most likely have never ended up hanging out here like I do now.

Then again, my humble self not being on this forum could very well fall into the category of "nothing noticeable", so I guess you may have a point... :)
    :xmad: for old times sake because I ❤️ you.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis

I second that motion. I saw something shiny, couldn't get it without "doing my time" to get my 50... Found out the original shiny was long gone and I didn't even care because I'd found so much to interest me here. Great place to settle down and learn the occasional tidbit (just don't tell my wife I'm learning things--she thinks I'm only here for the funny pics!), maybe even contribute a few quality (I don't think hardly any of mine actually qualify for that word) posts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom