PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    PUCD in the oven now....you guys are a bad influence. I did not need that but it sure sounded good!

D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    It's a numbers game. We get a HUGE number of folks who try to get or get their 50 posts, make a sale then disappear. Or they get the minimum posts then never post outside of the classifieds. 51 posts and 107 ads in the last 4 years. We are weeding them folks out.

You seem to care somewhat by reading your last few responses. You'll be ok I think.

Homestly, I’m in the club where I felt that 50 was a discouragingly-high number for a newbie (myself included), with my own tenure and low post count as evidence. I’ve been a member for 10 years, don’t have 50 posts, but still feel that I’ve peen part of the community by the simple fact that I was permitted to join.

Most of the discussions I’ve been a part of have been positive experiences, but I’m no Chatty Cathy. I’ll pop in on this forum from time to time, but like other posters, don’t always feel compelled to chime in.

if the intent of the 50 count is to maintain a dialogue, why not set a minimum on-going post count quota (10 per year, say), or would that be too difficult to facilitate?

Still, I do see where getting 50 posts in will give others some knowledge of me, based upon the threads I post in (and vice versa), but its a bummer that I can’t even support other members who may be trying to sell something that only I would be interested in (until I hit 50).

i hear the argument for the Supporting Membership, and I’m totally fine with financially supporting the group, but I’ll be waiting until I hit 50 to do so.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I think you're confused.

INGO is a open forum for all like minded 2A supporters to be a member of. The only requirement of being a member here is if you want to partake in the classifieds.
    The classifieds are a extra "benefit", and not the reason for INGO's existence, and the requirement for that is 50 quality posts or pony up and become a site supporter.

You posted that with a strait face?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Homestly, I’m in the club where I felt that 50 was a discouragingly-high number for a newbie (myself included), with my own tenure and low post count as evidence. I’ve been a member for 10 years, don’t have 50 posts, but still feel that I’ve peen part of the community by the simple fact that I was permitted to join.

Most of the discussions I’ve been a part of have been positive experiences, but I’m no Chatty Cathy. I’ll pop in on this forum from time to time, but like other posters, don’t always feel compelled to chime in.

if the intent of the 50 count is to maintain a dialogue, why not set a minimum on-going post count quota (10 per year, say), or would that be too difficult to facilitate?

Still, I do see where getting 50 posts in will give others some knowledge of me, based upon the threads I post in (and vice versa), but its a bummer that I can’t even support other members who may be trying to sell something that only I would be interested in (until I hit 50).

i hear the argument for the Supporting Membership, and I’m totally fine with financially supporting the group, but I’ll be waiting until I hit 50 to do so.

Good points. And everyone see's this in their own way.

Here is the thing. Staff here is a volunteer group. We do this because we seriously care that Ingo moves forward and stays on the rails. In this we catch more than our share of grief from some of the membership that feels they should not be held to any real standards as this is the internet after all. But we also get to have some really great interactions from those with manners. You all know who you are.

There are not enough of us to do any more than we are doing. The 50 post rule was put in place to more protect the site than to hinder the new member's.
    I was a member for a good while before I hit my 50 and actually got smacked down because I needed my last 5 posts to sell a few rifles. RobbyMack got me. And he is a personal friend...:):

So setting any other limitations is tough to do. We look at a lot of things when dealing with issues pout to us by the membership. We try and be fair. Its not always easy.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Good points. And everyone see's this in their own way.

Here is the thing. Staff here is a volunteer group. We do this because we seriously care that Ingo moves forward and stays on the rails. In this we catch more than our share of grief from some of the membership that feels they should not be held to any real standards as this is the internet after all. But we also get to have some really great interactions from those with manners. You all know who you are.

There are not enough of us to do any more than we are doing. The 50 post rule was put in place to more protect the site than to hinder the new member's.
    I was a member for a good while before I hit my 50 and actually got smacked down because I needed my last 5 posts to sell a few rifles. RobbyMack got me. And he is a personal friend...:):

So setting any other limitations is tough to do. We look at a lot of things when dealing with issues pout to us by the membership. We try and be fair. Its not always easy.

ME. I feel that I should not be held to any standards at all. I feel that you should all call me King DeadeyeChrista'sdad and send me offerings in the mail. I'll be down at the mailbox Friday. That should give you time

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Now that is a quality post D K. Some people post like crazy, some about as often as there is an eclipse. As far as being Site Supporter, I was north of 10K posts when I became one. INGO is a big tent, do your own thing.

7N6-Hound

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2020
    Indy

Couldn't put it any better. Maybe half the post requirement quantity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Couldn't put it any better. Maybe half the post requirement quantity.

Tell you what guys, we will let you both start a new forum and set the rules as you see the need. You can do that you know. It isn't hard it just takes hours of your life every day and will turn you hair grey. Ask me how I know. We have that rule in place for solid reasons that if you 2 would set in this chair for a week it would become very clear. To do it any other way puts undue stress on the all volunteer staff. And our operating software is strained to the limits right now.

Hey here's a great idea.......stop complaining. 10 years and a new guy that may be a runner. Yes we see you.
    You guys step up and help support the site. Wow what a concept. $25 and all the perks are yours for a year. Answer to all the questions.

If I come off short understand that we do our absolute best to make Ingo a solid place to be a member. I put in more hours as does BT than anyone knows.

Ingo has been good to me. The friendships and learning curve (the original reason for starting the site anyway) have been enormouse.

So, step up.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Geeez It's like nobody else has ever had to follow the rules. They are'nt just the rules for certain people. Everyone at some point has had to go through the initial process. Just suck it up and participate. Join the community and get to know other members. Let them get to know you.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    10+ years and I just hit 50!!

What, no fireworks??

tenor.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.