PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    a sausage pizza with gravy instead of sauce makes perfect sense. Its basicaly biscuits and gravy. Extra credit for using rolled out biscuit dough.
    Bingo. There are some good ideas that for marketing reasons they will call it a pizza. Mom used to make a great fruit pizza. No one thought it was a real pizza. I bet a biscuit and gravy pizza would be outstanding for breakfast.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bingo. There are some good ideas that for marketing reasons they will call it a pizza. Mom used to make a great fruit pizza. No one thought it was a real pizza. I bet a biscuit and gravy pizza would be outstanding for breakfast.
    They are! The sausage gravy is the "sauce". Add some crumbled bacon, then scrambled eggs over that, topped with cheddar cheese. :drool:

Lpherr

Occupied
    A friends wife made a veggie pizza.
    She made a huge pita bread disc, spread cream cheese on it, and cut, diced, julienned various raw vegetables on it, and sprinkled a shredded cheese blend, then topped it with a streaming of ranch dressing. It isn't baked, just eat it cold.

Lpherr

Occupied
    They are! The sausage gravy is the "sauce". Add some crumbled bacon, then scrambled eggs over that, topped with cheddar cheese. :drool:
    I was a little saddened this morning. B&G has been sounding really good, so while at the store, I picked up a package of country sausage in preparation. This is at the entrance of the store and the biscuits are at the opposite end, by the check out. I finished picking up my list of items on my way to the biscuits. I finally reached the cold case where the biscuits reside, and wouldn't you know it... no freaking biscuits!
    So, already having my palate craving the gravy, I came home, made the gravy, made some eggs OE, crisped up some hash browns, and placed an unhealthy amount of sausage gravy over my eggs and hash browns. This did cause a gravy induced coma for about an hour.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was a little saddened this morning. B&G has been sounding really good, so while at the store, I picked up a package of country sausage in preparation. This is at the entrance of the store and the biscuits are at the opposite end, by the check out. I finished picking up my list of items on my way to the biscuits. I finally reached the cold case where the biscuits reside, and wouldn't you know it... no freaking biscuits!
    So, already having my palate craving the gravy, I came home, made the gravy, made some eggs OE, crisped up some hash browns, and placed an unhealthy amount of sausage gravy over my eggs and hash browns. This did cause a gravy induced coma for about an hour.

You have everything at home you need! You dont need to BUY biscuits!

Aunt Francie's Drop Biscuits
    2C Flour
    3t baking powder
    1t salt
    1/3C shortening or butter

1C milk

Mix the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter or shortening. (take a fork and keep mushing the fat into the flour until its broken up into smaller than pea sized bits)

Add most of the milk. You want the dough sticky . Not too wet, not too dry. You may or may not need it all. You can roll them out and cut them, or just drop them with a spoon onto a well greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 45 to desired brownness.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There have been a couple of times I've gone to Kroger and they were completely out of biscuits. Not a single can, no Pillsbury or even the Kroger brand. :wallbash:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sounds like someone needs to learn to make biscuits…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

2C Flour
    3t baking powder
    1t salt

1C milk

Mix the dry ingredients. Cut in the butter or shortening. (take a fork and keep mushing the fat into the flour until its broken up into smaller than pea sized bits)

Add most of the milk. You want the dough sticky . Not too wet, not too dry. You may or may not need it all. You can roll them out and cut them, or just drop them with a spoon onto a well greased cookie sheet.

I'd be out of luck. No baking powder.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    There have been a couple of times I've gone to Kroger and they were completely out of biscuits. Not a single can, no Pillsbury or even the Kroger brand. :wallbash:
    Ive noticed that recently with frozen french fries. The only thing consistently in the cases are home fries and super expensive name brand specialties like Rallys curly fries, etc. I bought a big bag yesterday. one of only 4 left in the ENTIRE case. No plans to make them, but since I had the only opportunity in a month, I took it. I'm tired of making my own, which arent quite as good.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Ive noticed that recently with frozen french fries. The only thing consistently in the cases are home fries and super expensive name brand specialties like Rallys curly fries, etc. I bought a big bag yesterday. one of only 4 left in the ENTIRE case. No plans to make them, but since I had the only opportunity in a month, I took it. I'm tired of making my own, which arent quite as good.
    Yeah, it's crazy what they run out of these days.

Lpherr

Occupied

2C Flour
    3t baking powder
    1t salt

1C milk

Sounds like someone needs to learn to make biscuits…
    Come on fellas. I have a hard enough time with the canned biscuits.
    I would like to make them, especially like either one of my grandmothers did.

It's more about the gravy than the biscuits though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    That is easily fixed. Stuff holds forever.
    And Im not sure, but if you have baking soda, you could probably substitute buttermilk for milk and get them to rise.

Then of course you are going to tell me you dont have buttermilk. (I dont usually either) You can substitute by 1 TBSP of lemon juice or white vinegar in a 1C measuring cup. Top it off with regular milk and let sit for 5 minutes. Use that instead.

And if you still are missing ingredients, SFTU and stop complaining. You are too irresponsible to complain. :): :stickpoke:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Come on fellas. I have a hard enough time with the canned biscuits.
    I would like to make them, especially like either one of my grandmothers did.

It's more about the gravy than the biscuits though.
    Trust me, they are easy. You can do it. You dont even have to use yeast, get the liquid to a target 110-115*, etc like yeast rolls. Try it. You'll surprise yourself.

And if its all about the gravy, do what I do. Serve the gravy over boiled potato wedges. MUCH better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom