• ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    LOL...

Would you support a party that would mandate teaching lies in order to achieve a political objective? Would you allow a party to mandate sex education (graphic) to your 1st grader, taught by a transvestite? Would you allow teachers to become the primary person in your child's life; telling YOU how to raise your child, since they know better? Would you allow an elected school board to mandate books and other indoctrinating material even though you and the community are against it? Would you allow refugees from a country become government officials and then speak out against the very county that saved them? Would yiou allow an illegal foreigner to spit on your grandfathers grave because he was a WWII veteran? Would you allow the removsl of guns from good people while allowing criminals into this country through an open border?

You see nothing wrong with that? Those who believe in "live and let live" have ruined this country.

BTW, what is an American?
    you should do a search of my posts. lol

the whole premise behind "life, liberty, and justice IS live and let live. otherwise you have limited yourself to a political party.

i believe god. that should pretty much answer the questions you have asked me.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    you should do a search of my posts. lol

the whole premise behind "life, liberty, and justice IS live and let live. otherwise you have limited yourself to a political party.

i believe god. that should pretty much answer the questions you have asked me.

Not sure I agree. I know Christians who say abortion is a woman’s choice; among other things.

Claiming to be something is easy. Living it out is the hard part….. narrow is the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Not sure I agree. I know Christians who say abortion is a woman’s choice; among other things.

Claiming to be something is easy. Living it out is the hard part….. narrow is the road.

I get what you are saying and where you are coming from. It`s easier for others to perhaps see the inconsistencies in us than it is to see in ourselves. If someone see`s them in me, I appreciate being told, so long as it`s a gentle, friendly way, not being beat up by it.
    And sure, lot`s who proclaim to know Christ espouse things that are entirely unbiblical. that`s why we are warned to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves. We must discern light from dark, good from evil. The devil walketh about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis

true...but i never said i was christian.

i don't believe IN god. i believe god.

plus, there are republicans that believe in welfare and food stamps. there are very few things that are black & white. a true american believes in equality for all americans. that is achieved through "minority rights, majority rules".

our problems today is we lend too much weight to the minority when they start crying foul. they wish to flip the equation to make their life CHOICES more important than the RIGHTS granted to the MAJORITY by the constitution.

how many times have you gone to a townhall meeting? a public safety meeting, a utilities regulatory committee meeting, or schoolboard meeting and been thrown out? i have been thrown out of at least one of each for speaking out AGAINST every question you asked of me.

i am VERY proud of thaf. it was part of my contribution as an american and will be the basis of me being a patriot if/when the time comes.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

plus, there are republicans that believe in welfare and food stamps. there are very few things that are black & white. a true american believes in equality for all americans. that is achieved through "minority rights, majority rules".

our problems today is we lend too much weight to the minority when they start crying foul. they wish to flip the equation to make their life CHOICES more important than the RIGHTS granted to the MAJORITY by the constitution.

how many times have you gone to a townhall meeting? a public safety meeting, a utilities regulatory committee meeting, or schoolboard meeting and been thrown out? i have been thrown out of at least one of each for speaking out AGAINST every question you asked of me.

i am VERY proud of thaf. it was part of my contribution as an american and will be the basis of me being a patriot if/when the time comes.
    If I understand you correctly here, we have to be careful. I`m sure it`s tedious to keep hearing the same thing, but, "majority rules" is a democracy, and we are not a democracy. We are a constitutional republic. Although in certain instances, we do practice a majority rule vote, it has to be kept clear that we are NOT a democracy. In a true democracy, an impassioned mob majority may vote away your rights, but in theory at least, our Constitution protects our enumerated constitutional rights, and they may not be voted away by a mob majority. There are methods for amending the Constitution, but that is a different matter.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    If I understand you correctly here, we have to be careful. I`m sure it`s tedious to keep hearing the same thing, but, "majority rules" is a democracy, and we are not a democracy. We are a constitutional republic. Although in certain instances, we do practice a majority rule vote, it has to be kept clear that we are NOT a democracy. In a true democracy, an impassioned mob majority may vote away your rights, but in theory at least, our Constitution protects our enumerated constitutional rights, and they may not be voted away by a mob majority. There are methods for amending the Constitution, but that is a different matter.
    yes. that is definitely worth pointing out. sometimes for the sake of making my point i combine related but not necessarily correct terminology. from what i have learned from history what leans us closer to a democracy (or should. there really should be only one branch that is political. over the past 60 years or so our courts have become political entities of their own) are the checks and balances of a three branch government.

i may be wrong on that. i do not even pretend to be right. that is why i listen twice as much as i speak. i want to learn. that is why i'm here.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

I never suggested you were Christian or believed in anything.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    LOL...

Would you support a party that would mandate teaching lies in order to achieve a political objective? Would you allow a party to mandate sex education (graphic) to your 1st grader, taught by a transvestite? Would you allow teachers to become the primary person in your child's life; telling YOU how to raise your child, since they know better? Would you allow an elected school board to mandate books and other indoctrinating material even though you and the community are against it? Would you allow refugees from a country become government officials and then speak out against the very county that saved them? Would yiou allow an illegal foreigner to spit on your grandfathers grave because he was a WWII veteran? Would you allow the removsl of guns from good people while allowing criminals into this country through an open border?

You see nothing wrong with that? Those who believe in "live and let live" have ruined this country.

BTW, what is an American?

Let me give you my opinion on your last question first. To me, an American is a person who believes in the federal constitution as both the authority for, and a limitation on the powers of the federal government. An American understands that this country consists of separate states that have agreed to submit to certain federal powers to form a national government that should be serving the collective interests of each state, while the states retain certain powers to govern themselves. An American also understands that the true power, be it at the federal or state level, resides with the people first and foremost.

An American should be disgusted with the federal government overreaching its authority by creating laws that are not based in its constitutionally granted and limited powers. An American should be disgusted by the states doing the same. An American should be disgusted that any federal funds are ever given to any state whatsoever, for any reason, because it's an insidious way for the federal government to exercise power over the states that they should not have.

An American believes that personal liberty should be at the forefront of every political party, with minor differences of opinion on minor issues.

Unfortunately, this is not true of either of the actually viable political parties that currently exist. It's also not remotely possible because there are so few people left who actually believe in liberty for all, and are instead driven by emotion rather than logic and an understanding of true liberty.

As to the rest of your questions, let me start with the educational system. I do believe everyone should be taxed at the local level for education taxes, as it has a clear benefit to society in general to have a populace that posesses a basic high school education. However, I should be able to choose which educational institution those funds are disbursed to, whether I have kids in school or not, and that includes funding for homeschool programs. Let the schools have the freedom to teach what they want, and let the taxpayers decide which schools they want their taxes to fund.

We should allow immigration, but only to the benefit of the country at large. Have you ever looked at the immigration laws of other countries? You have to bring a skill, or a lot of money to start a company. That's how we should be. Come here to build, not drain.

And I'm sure I've stated my position clearly here, but in case you missed it, guns should never be taken from or restricted from free men, ever.

I'll stop there for now, because I know I tend to run on incessantly, but I'm trying to do better. :abused:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Let me give you my opinion on your last question first. To me, an American is a person who believes in the federal constitution as both the authority for, and a limitation on the powers of the federal government. An American understands that this country consists of separate states that have agreed to submit to certain federal powers to form a national government that should be serving the collective interests of each state, while the states retain certain powers to govern themselves. An American also understands that the true power, be it at the federal or state level, resides with the people first and foremost.

An American should be disgusted with the federal government overreaching its authority by creating laws that are not based in its constitutionally granted and limited powers. An American should be disgusted by the states doing the same. An American should be disgusted that any federal funds are ever given to any state whatsoever, for any reason, because it's an insidious way for the federal government to exercise power over the states that they should not have.

An American believes that personal liberty should be at the forefront of every political party, with minor differences of opinion on minor issues.

Unfortunately, this is not true of either of the actually viable political parties that currently exist. It's also not remotely possible because there are so few people left who actually believe in liberty for all, and are instead driven by emotion rather than logic and an understanding of true liberty.

As to the rest of your questions, let me start with the educational system. I do believe everyone should be taxed at the local level for education taxes, as it has a clear benefit to society in general to have a populace that posesses a basic high school education. However, I should be able to choose which educational institution those funds are disbursed to, whether I have kids in school or not, and that includes funding for homeschool programs. Let the schools have the freedom to teach what they want, and let the taxpayers decide which schools they want their taxes to fund.

We should allow immigration, but only to the benefit of the country at large. Have you ever looked at the immigration laws of other countries? You have to bring a skill, or a lot of money to start a company. That's how we should be. Come here to build, not drain.

And I'm sure I've stated my position clearly here, but in case you missed it, guns should never be taken from or restricted from free men, ever.

I'll stop there for now, because I know I tend to run on incessantly, but I'm trying to do better. :abused:
    Very well articulated, and I agree with every word you wrote.

Top Bottom