• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Slowly, deliberately, tearing this monster apart right now!

Hey, you BBQers. Papa Murphy's is giving away a Traeger Pellet BBQ cooker. PapaMurphysGrilling.com

palm052509005.jpg

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I brushed a butter/egg wash onto the outer crust so it would not burn/dry out. We used to do this at a pizza place I worked at.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I made around 20 of those today...its hard for me to even look at!

Yes, brushing some butter around the crust will definately help...we do none of that, and I know from experience that it'll come out better if you do. Throw a little garlic powder in the butter when you melt it...yum.

Tell ya what, Papa Murphys lovers, the first 2 INGOers that come visit me at the Carmel location will get to avail themselves of my employee discount coupons. Boss man says I can do whatever I wish with them, and I don't eat there myself. It'll entitle you to half off any pizza on the menu. If you want em, just let me know when you're coming!

Oh and if you like that Chicago, give the Chicken and Bacon stuffed pizza a try.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    LOL - Guess what I did? I put garlic powder in the butter and egg mixture. Two great minds, eh?

Is Rob/Rod the franchise owner in the Greater Indy area, your franchise owner as well? Or is Sheridan too far out of his area? I thought Greenfield was not his area, but am unsure of Sheridan. I met him when he opened up this one, I believe Thompson road was his first store.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I've had that pizza a few times and have not tried the butter/egg treatment.

Also, do you guys have any trouble getting the whole pizza to cook through? It seems a small portion of the center of the pizza doesn't quite cook enough, but the outside starts to burn.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can also put an aluminum foil ring around the outer edges, like some folks do on pies, until later in the baking process. But I find that my convection oven does it just fine as long as I put a HEALTHY dose of butter (real NOT margarine) around the part that is lacking the cheese/tomato mixture.

I remember making over 400 pizzas a night (about 4 or 5 hours) when I worked at a pizza joint. They become a blur.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I usually get their Chicago Style Stuffed pizza without the veggies. Scutter and I went to Chicago this weekend and actually had a Chicago style pizza (they just call it pizza :-) ) Now, I don't know what Papa Murphy's is talking about.. hehehe... They don't look anything alike. Well, except that they are both thick.

My daughter likes cheese pizza and is not a huge fan of Papa Murphys so we don't order from there too much. She would much rather have the Little Caesar's pizza which isn't nearly as good as I remember it being when I lived in the Detroit area. $5 is a good deal though on a pizza assuming it's a tolerable pizza. :)

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I lived in Chicago there was ALWAYS a Gino's East Spinach pizza in my fridge. Usually par-baked. Mmmmm mmmm. Yeah, Murphys is nothing like Chicago deep dish. But, it is pretty tasty. I was amazed how well I have done eating it today. (I have eating issues at the moment) So, I might just have to get me some more.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Ha, I know the "blur" feeling...I've worked for 3 different pizza franchises, and eventually you reach an "autopilot" state where you can make a pizza without even thinking about it....it gets counter productive when you arn't paying attention to ingredients that have been added or subtracted to the formula.

The guy that owns our franchise is Joe, and he has another store in Greenwood, in addition to the one I work at in Carmel. Really nice guy.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I worked in a foundry, I swear when I was setting cores in the molds, there were time I fell asleep but kept working. The FUMES for one thing. Highly toxic likely. Whatever they use to bond the sand in the mold smelled like modeling glue. (from when we were kids, not the new low vapor crap)

Top Bottom