Jun 23, 2009

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    FTFY

It's interesting that someone as distrustful of government as you are would hang your hat on the baseless claims of an Obama cabinet secretary.

Read his posts. He often defends the Obama administration and his criticisms of Democrats are mostly to compare them to Republicans.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Read his posts. He often defends the Obama administration and his criticisms of Democrats are mostly to compare them to Republicans.
    Often? Not even close. They get defended when they deserve to be defended, but I more often criticise them and their policies. Comparing dems and reps is easy, since they're essentially two wings of the same party, as evidenced by the last 20 years or better of their policies. You can go on pretending there's a significant difference if you wish, but it won't change my opinion or that of thousands of others who realise the truth of the matter.

As for Panetta's statements, I'll take him at his word since he's got access to intel that you obviously don't. Until, and if he's proven wrong.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Often? Not even close. They get defended when they deserve to be defended, but I more often criticise them and their policies. Comparing dems and reps is easy, since they're essentially two wings of the same party, as evidenced by the last 20 years or better of their policies. You can go on pretending there's a significant difference if you wish, but it won't change my opinion or that of thousands of others who realise the truth of the matter.

As for Panetta's statements, I'll take him at his word since he's got access to intel that you obviously don't. Until, and if he's proven wrong.

If there's one thing I know about this forum and its regulars, it's that I'll never change your opinion.

No doubt Panetta knows way more about this issue than I. Policy and politics often trump knowledge.

You believe the Bush administration let their politics trump the facts. In their case, they were inclined to go to war. Obama has demonstrated he's not inclined to go to war in Iran.

Putting aside which of the above you agree with, don't you think it's just as likely the Obama administration would lie to support their own political ends as it is for the Bush administration to lie to support theirs?

If that's the case, why aren't you skeptical of Panetta? Neither of us can KNOW. I'm skeptical of everyone. Your skepticism seems much stronger towards Republicans.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

Panetta is not going to let anything "slip", and it was on Face the Nation; nothing is going to "slip out" on face the nation.

I think you only wanna believe him becaise he is saying what you wanna hear. If next week he lets it slip that Iran has 4 ICBM's pointed at Hawaii....you would probably go back to accusing him of "banging war drums"

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Obama's agenda is the same as Bush's. When the globalists are ready for a war on Iran, it won't matter what party is in power or what the truth of the matter is. This idea that Obama is anti-war should be well out the window by now.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Obama's agenda is the same as Bush's. When the globalists are ready for a war on Iran, it won't matter what party is in power or what the truth of the matter is. This idea that Obama is anti-war should be well out the window by now.

i always forget, it was our poor trade policy that made Japan bomb Pearl Harbor

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    An... Panetta says so.

Good. I'm glad that's settled.

I'm so thankful to have statists like Panetta watching out for me.

Now if Panetta would come out and declare that allies of Iran were not supplying them with technology for nuclear weapons the world could relax and go to sleep and dream of sunshine and lollipops!

Thanks for watching out for me Panetta.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana

Nice response and the whole "dems and repubs" thing is a distraction from the truth. We need a viable and well funded third party to break their hold.

So, that would make me one of those "thousands of others who realise the truth of the matter". We need more than just a few.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Nice response and the whole "dems and repubs" thing is a distraction from the truth. We need a viable and well funded third party to break their hold.

So, that would make me one of those "thousands of others who realise the truth of the matter". We need more than just a few.

We've been over this before. A third party will merely supplant one of the existing major parties of our "two-party" system. At best, within a few election cycles it will become the new second party.

Top Bottom