Palmetto State Armory PSAK-47 GB2 VS Century Arms C39v2. American AK battle.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Battle of the American AK-47

• Total voters

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Love my Zastava M70AB2 and PAP M92, but I still just like the idea of an American AK. So who takes the cake? (Price is practically the same at $700 - $750.)

PSAK-47 GB2 Classic Red Rifle

redakleft341000.jpg

Introducing the PSAK47 GB2 Classic Red Wood rifle!

A quality American standard AK built in America, with all new manufactured parts and a premium standard of fit, finish and workmanship. From the nitride finished, 4150 steel, barrel precision mated to a Billet barrel block, to the 1mm stamped steel receiver, the PSAK-47 was designed from the ground up to be a new standard in AK rifles.
    Thoroughly tested in development, we tortured tested to 10,000 rounds to ensure a quality product. Not to be satisfied with just a good AK, we kept improving and now are proud to announce our PSAK47 GB2 rifle with a billet steel barrel block (front trunion) and bolt.

The 4150 barrel is nitride treated for accuracy and durability, is matched to a billet bolt, and is pressed into a new Billet steel machined barrel block to ensure the longevity AKs are known for. The hardened steel 1mm receiver features a mil-spec style double hook trigger, and side rail mount. The rear trunion is stamped with a star to designate the GB2 (Billet Block) model. The classic polished American hardwood furniture includes a sling loop, and the rifle comes complete with a cleaning rod and 30 round Magpul magazine (where allowed by law).

• Melonite 4150 steel treated barrel
    • Stamped steel receiver
    • Billet Barrel Block (front trunion)
    • Billet Bolt
    • 7.62x39 Caliber
    • 1 in 9.5" Twist
    • Std. 800-yard rear sight leaf
    • Polished American Hardwood furniture in Red
    • Magpul 30 round magazine (1)
    • Cleaning Rod

Century Arms

• 100% American made
    • Barrel 1:10 twist, concentric LH 14x1 metric thread and ready for a variety of muzzle attachments
    • Chrome moly 4150 nitride treated barrel
    • Milled 4140 ordnance quality steel receiver
    • 1st AK side scope rail mount to offer a return to zero capability, also offers four times clamping improvement over traditional side scope rail mounts and improves sight acquisition for follow-up shots
    • RAK-1 Enhanced Trigger Group
    • Larger T shaped magazine catch
    • Compatibility with AKM furniture
    • Standard AKM sights
    • Retaining plate
    • Bolt hold-open notch on the safety selector
    • Proprietary Chevron muzzle brake
    • Bolt carrier tail heat treated to ensure maximum performance and life
    • Accepts all standard AK mags.
    • Comes with one 30 rd. mag.
    • Barrel: 16.5" with a 1:10 twist, Overall: 37.25", Weight: 8.05 lbs.

Last edited:

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I'm not voting in this poll. The idea that one needs a "good AK" is silly.

AKs are beater guns that deserve to be treated as such. They thrive on it. They take it and ask for more. Whenever I see folks posting about $1200 AKs or "quality builds" or all that misdirected "Made in USA" pride I shudder.

Cook bacon on the barrel of your AK.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm really happy with my PSA AK so far. I have a closet full of Com Blok ones that are pretty traditional looking, and wanted something I didn't feel bad about covering with all the new American made stuff on :smileak:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I'm not voting in this poll. The idea that one needs a "good AK" is silly.

AKs are beater guns that deserve to be treated as such. They thrive on it. They take it and ask for more. Whenever I see folks posting about $1200 AKs or "quality builds" or all that misdirected "Made in USA" pride I shudder.

Cook bacon on the barrel of your AK.
    I understand the whole anti-American AK movement. I do. But the enjoyment I get out of buying American seems to trump the traditional AK fan in me. As stated, I did buy the Zastavas first, but now I'm having the same intentions as tradertator.
    I'm really happy with my PSA AK so far. I have a closet full of Com Blok ones that are pretty traditional looking, and wanted something I didn't feel bad about covering with all the new American made stuff on :smileak:

Love it! And from what I understand, the GB2 should be even better with the billet front trunion and bolt. I don't know if anything else was upgraded over the gen 1.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I'm not voting in this poll. The idea that one needs a "good [STRIKE]AK[/STRIKE]AR-15" is silly.

This attitude is the result of the market originally being introduced to the platform widely via very low end slapdash WASRs and such. A lot more goes into properly building an AK than an AR and the price now reflects this. Yes, the platform is designed with reliability and simplicity of maintenance in mind but there is a huge difference in shooting an early 2000s CAI build and a higher end Krebs AK. No, you do not need to spend $1,500 for an AK but, like a Daniel Defense AR, some folks appreciate the quality.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    This attitude is the result of the market originally being introduced to the platform widely via very low end slapdash WASRs and such. A lot more goes into properly building an AK than an AR and the price now reflects this. Yes, the platform is designed with reliability and simplicity of maintenance in mind but there is a huge difference in shooting an early 2000s CAI build and a higher end Krebs AK. No, you do not need to spend $1,500 for an AK but, like a Daniel Defense AR, some folks appreciate the quality.

Exactly, that seems to be the common theme here on INGO. You shouldn't pay for quality and anybody who does is silly. My Hi-Point is just as reliable as your Sig or my Shrubmaster is Mil-Spec and waaay better than a Colt. YMMV

Top Bottom