• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Exciting times in the neighborhood Sunday morning.

Toddler found safe afterbeing taken from mother | Police/Fire | The Journal Gazette

A baby daddy kidnaps his kid and then runs into our neighborhood and hides in the bushes the next street over.

So the wife and I put a couple things in the truck to deliver to a neighbor in the next block. I was almost too lazy to get dressed and was just going to make the quick trip in my pajamas. At the last minute I decided I should probably put pants on so I could carry. Glad I did! Two houses down from my neighbor's house a half dozen police cars descend blocking off streets and using their cars for cover/concealment. The four of us watched for a couple minutes and when a couple officers pulled long guns out of their trunks and someone racked a shotgun we decided to head home while our friends retreated into their locked house.

The cops did not know where the guy was and set up a perimeter just as we escaped back to our house deeper in the neighborhood. An hour later the cops had the police tank and a full gear SWAT team searching back yards.

This was a good reminder to me to always carry no matter how short or safe(?) my destination is. Helped reinforce to my wife why I always carry and hopefully gave her one more nudge to carry herself. The event will make a good conversation starter with my cat loving, Bernie voting, Vegan neighbors that would be shocked if they knew I carried while eating dinner at their house.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    The only practical way to carry in jammies that I can think of would be a shoulder holster, that is unless your choice of sleepwear is less than conventional.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The only practical way to carry in jammies that I can think of would be a shoulder holster, that is unless your choice of sleepwear is less than conventional.

I wear Duluth sweats. They are pretty sturdy for sweats with a half-fast built in belt that I clip an appendix carry holster and mag carrier for the G43 onto. Not terribly secure, but it's safe as I remove the holster from the belt to reholster the gun.

Presently I'm wearing the same sweats, pocket carrying the G43 in a Desantis Nemisis. Extra mag in the opposite pocket for balance along with the obvious. It's slower on the draw, but more secure. I can be a bit more rambunctious with the pocket carry, but the loose mag is a bit floppy. May have to look for a solution to that.

Just to be clear, I ain't getting in the car to go anywhere dressed like this. ;)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I wear Duluth sweats. They are pretty sturdy for sweats with a half-fast built in belt that I clip an appendix carry holster and mag carrier for the G43 onto. Not terribly secure, but it's safe as I remove the holster from the belt to reholster the gun.

Presently I'm wearing the same sweats, pocket carrying the G43 in a Desantis Nemisis. Extra mag in the opposite pocket for balance along with the obvious. It's slower on the draw, but more secure. I can be a bit more rambunctious with the pocket carry, but the loose mag is a bit floppy. May have to look for a solution to that.

Just to be clear, I ain't getting in the car to go anywhere dressed like this. ;)

I just looked them up. Pricey!

Top Bottom