• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Kids these days.... my 21st was a weekend in Vegas, that I don't recall lolol.
    I spent the better part of my 21st birthday in a 4'x4' wooden shack, guarding a locked back gate to the flightline of the Yuma Arizona Airport.
    It was memorable, I can say that.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Euro-step
    Crabwalk
    Double step-back
    "Incidental contact"

I wish the Pacers luck, but I'm thinking the Knicks win this series.
    Same story from when I used to watch NBA in the early 2000's - big market team gets all the calls and breaks vs a small/mid market team. Why I haven't watched an NBA game in over 20 years.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Haliburton was better.

Refs still egregiously bad.

Knicks up 2-0.

Jalen Brunson is now my least favorite NBA player. Flopping clown.
    Maybe I don't remember the 80's and 90's NBA basketball as well as I think. Or maybe my view of today's game is so biased. I just can't get over the level of flopping and faking to draw calls. My own manhood wouldn't allow me to do such things and be able to live with myself.

I also don't know when the officiating changed so drastically in the NBA. Today's game is filled with travels, carries, double dribbles, etc. All for the show, I guess, and to keep scoring waaaaaaaaaaaaay up. So, the younger kids mimic what they see their NBA stars do. Been to an AAU basketball tourney weekend lately? Everybody is trying to "break ankles" and have that viral moment, and they're doing it by picking the ball up from the underside. It's easy to change direction when you can just pick the ball up and carry it.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    So, will the Pacers pull out a win tonight? Will the officiating become an issue like in the first two games?

I think the crowd will be loud and the Pacers will play well and pull out the win. They HAVE to win the rebounding war though. That was the one statistic that jumped out in Game 2 was the Pacers were outrebounded big time.

I still will be disgusted by the atrocious carrying, traveling and flopping though.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Well, the Pacers won the rebounding battle tonight. Good win at home. Much needed. Still thought the officiating was terrible, but whatever.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I didn't see any contact at all on that last play. None. Even though the ESPN Sportscenter coverage was like, "Well, there might have been some contact there on that play, but no call." Uhhhhh, where?

Top Bottom