• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can tell you I have been a loyal PSS customer but they pissed me of Friday at the show. I had been in the store a couple times asking about mags and Bob kept telling me to come to the show, he will have lots of mags there. I was lucky enough to be one of the first in line Friday and headed straight for their booth. They were not ready to sell yet as they hadn't priced everything. I waited at their booth for about 25 minutes to able to purchase pmags. I talked to the folks working and told them how many I wanted and they said as soon as they "opened" they would take care of me. All the while they would not tell me the price. Well when they open I am told the Pmags are $100.00 each. Bob's wife was there so I asked her if that was correct and she said that was right. She then went on to say they won't be in business in a couple months anyway so who cares? I do realize that they lowered the prices later.

I saw 60.00 and just chuckled and kept walking, I wonder if they lowered the price anymore for today??

Glocker 400

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    She then went on to say they won't be in business in a couple months anyway so who cares?

I would hope that his business would be sufficiently capitalized to weather the ups and downs of the gun business, but I do see how an extended lack of availability of product would run a gun shop out of business. They say that the best way to achieve a million bucks in your bank account with a gun shop is to start with 2 million. :):

I'd be curious to see what the final price on P-Mags was today (Sunday). Might be an indicator of the level of panic remaining, at least here in Indiana. I know the panic won't completely subside until we see what happens with upcoming legislation.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    At what I assume was PSS' location, I don't recall seeing any signage for them. Was it reallly PSS, or did they rent their tables to someone else? Or did they not want their name associated with the gouging?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    At what I assume was PSS' location, I don't recall seeing any signage for them. Was it reallly PSS, or did they rent their tables to someone else? Or did they not want their name associated with the gouging?

They never have a sign up for the store.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    On Friday, the booth that is usually theirs was selling individual Pmags for $100 EACH.

I actually thought the "100" was a bin number or something.

I'm not a hater. Just telling the facts.

btwelch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    I would hope that his business would be sufficiently capitalized to weather the ups and downs of the gun business, but I do see how an extended lack of availability of product would run a gun shop out of business. They say that the best way to achieve a million bucks in your bank account with a gun shop is to start with 2 million. :):

I'd be curious to see what the final price on P-Mags was today (Sunday). Might be an indicator of the level of panic remaining, at least here in Indiana. I know the panic won't completely subside until we see what happens with upcoming legislation.

Yeah you would think especially with such huge business the last month or so that it would tide them over. Heres to hoping the legislation falls flat.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    On Friday, the booth that is usually theirs was selling individual Pmags for $100 EACH.

I actually thought the "100" was a bin number or something.

I'm not a hater. Just telling the facts.

It was PSS. I recognized most of the folks that work there and I guess that's why I am so disappointed.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I think perhaps there was a miscommunication on the price. Bob told us at PSS all his mags were at the show, 3 for 100. More than they were a month ago, but very reasonable in today's environment.

No. Sorry, Bob never mentioned what the prices would be at the store to anyone I know anyway. I asked several people and several times if the price was correct. I stopped back by their table 2 more times Friday and they were never offered for 3/$100.00 or even close to $33.33 @. No miscommunication, just plain old gouging.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    It was PSS. I recognized most of the folks that work there and I guess that's why I am so disappointed.
    I really can't blame the guy for trying to get what he can in this market. If you don't like the price then do not buy it. That said I have never seen what the big deal is with PSS and all the + press they get on this site. I stopped by there table every 1500 I go to and I have never been impressed by the prices. In fact I have walked over to ZX for example and always find a better price and buy from them instead. In fact one show I bought 3 guns from ZX in a bundle I could not pass up - no one else at the show would bundle a deal. That said PSS prices are not terrible, but not the best either.

Last edited:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Interesting business model. :n00b:

Maybe I should call over to PSS and offer to buy out all their existing inventory right now for pennies on the dollar. Cuz you know, who cares?

With the demand and back orders leading to the lack of stock at the gun stores and no known date that it will be back to normal you have to wonder how many stores will be able to weather the storm and stay open????

Would not be suprised to see hours of operation change if suppliers can't catch up.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Kinda surprised that they jacked the price that high. Most Vendors were selling in the $50 range. You'd be nuts to pay that price, when you could just walk a few booths over to get the same for half price.

Also, what's up with the people off the streets trying to sell Pmags and ammo for the same price, or a few bucks less than the Vendors? I saw some guy today trying to sell 500 rounds of .223 for 475 bucks! Very blizzar weekend.

Top Bottom