• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    I hope not I am planning on going Saturday if for nothing else just to get out of the house and get some fresh air and hopefully a few new toys.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Since is posted here, most likely ridiculous :/ lol

I was talking with a friend today about this auction. He has a small gun shop and said he was at a gun auction recently. There were people paying more for used guns than what he sold them for new. Some people are ignorant about guns prices or feel that they are getting a good deal because its an auction.
    Of this list, few are worth more than a couple hundred and most are less than $200 on a good day.....

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    People just get caught up in the auction and they do go overboard, I hope its not that way this time but I am sure it will be, me personally am going to go on the hope that I am wrong in my assumption. would like to pick up one or two new toys and get a good deal in the process - would be a plus.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Announcement

There was an issue with the procedure that we were going to do with the FFL transfers at the auction. The auction will still occur at the Owen County Fairgrounds in Spencer at 10:00. In order to be in compliance with ATF rules, after the guns are sold they will have to be transported to Bob's Gun Shop located in Spencer and then transferred on the 4473 form. We understand that this will be an inconvenience to some of the attendees and we are sorry. In order to be fair to everyone we are making the announcement now, rather than catch people off guard that may be traveling to the sale and announcing it then. The gun shop is 8 blocks from the fair ground at the intersection of Main Street and Morgan Street. The physical address for Bob's guns is 106 North Main Street.
    Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I think they would have had to get permission from the ATF to transfer firearms at a location other than their shop or a gunshow.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    Most of what I see here is low quality/low end stuff with a few goodies in between. Looking into my crystal ball I see stuff selling at insane prices. While past auction performance is never an indicator of future results, my bet is it brings a ton of money. If you are going tomorrow be prepared to be disappointed. Good luck

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Man, wish I had hit the Powerball, LOL.

I'd be at that auction, and absolutely, positively outbid everyone on every gun. Then I'd GIVE that gun to the same person I just outbid! :yesway:

For the 'unwanted' or 'junk' ones, I'd send them to AllenM or whomever and have them thoroughly renovated, brought back to life, then sell or trade 'em off for 'peanuts'.

Because I'm a 'nice guy'? No. Because I'm a 'super gun afficiando'? No. Because I'm friends with people on INGO? Again, no.

But BECAUSE it would drive Shannon Watts into conniption fits! :lmfao:

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    Stupid money on these guns. Way more than I wanted to spend for a rusty gun.
    150 for 10/22.
    200 plus for the High point that was in sad shape
    And it so slow...

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I showed up at 9, tons of people there I believe the whole towns police force was there. Walked through most the guns were trashed so I took off. Tons of cars were stuck in the snow / ice. Definitely one of the worst auctions I have been to. Curious what the M1A sold for?

Top Bottom