• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shwaisey

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I would evaluate the competancy of the oc'er.

if he seems unsafe (playing on the equipment, climbing, etc. I would pack up and leave

If he was standing off to the side, sitting on a bench, etc. I wouldn't give a second thought about it.

I have left retail stores before because kids were playing around and doing dangerous things.
    My saftey is worth more than whatever I am doing there,
    it's not about the gun its about my evaluation of how safe/stable that stranger is.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    If you were at a playground, and one of the dads there had a 40 caliber 1911 w/ top rail and red dot sight in a Ghost Holster at a 45 degree forward cant,

Would you make an issue out of it "pointing" at the kids EVEN THO IT WAS IN the holster?

At the very MOST, it might have muzzled the kids lower 50% of their body once or twice, and while he was up on the walkway, but there was a lot of steel and bars etc between him and the kids.

I just wonder how INGO feels about this.

This is a joke, right? If you muzzle my kid or me with your loaded gun, then yes, we would definitely have a problem.

No one wants to see the hole in the end of your gun.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    I would have left. The fact is that most likely nothing would have happened, but why even chance it. He obviously was just trying to show it off, that isn't exactly the gun to oc

Bruizer13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    It isn't just 16 year old girls. People of all ages can't seem to drive any more without playing with their phone.

True that! For giggles...On my 7 mile trek home yesterday I counted 17 potential murderers using their phone while driving. They were of all ages. Also, we have to remember it is not the phone that would be to blame!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    PEOPLE....point guns at you. GUNS....in a holser, on a table, on the floor....aren't pointed at anything. They are just there.

So, is it o.k. to just set a gun down on the bench at the range facing any direction? :n00b:
    A little common sense please!!!!
    Even when I'm at home, if I unholster and set my gun down, I "point it at the wall, away from any people or traffic pattern in the house, and there it remains "POINTED"!!!

And I probably would be concerned with anyone's weapon "pointing" at ANYBODY!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, is it o.k. to just set a gun down on the bench at the range facing any direction? :n00b:
    A little common sense please!!!!
    Even when I'm at home, if I unholster and set my gun down, I "point it at the wall, away from any people or traffic pattern in the house, and there it remains "POINTED"!!!

And I probably would be concerned with anyone's weapon "pointing" at ANYBODY!!!

You are still talking about handling a gun.

"Setting a gun down" is handling it.

"Unholster and set down" is handling it.

Do you really not see the difference in leaving it holstered or once it's not being handled? :scratch:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You are still talking about handling a gun.

"Setting a gun down" is handling it.

"Unholster and set down" is handling it.

Do you really not see the difference in leaving it holstered or once it's not being handled? :scratch:

Of course I do!
    Just saying, a little extra precaution is a good thing!:D

under32hurts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Central IN
    IMHO, if he is open carrying that rig, with red dots and ghost holster, he is starving for attention anyway.....careful, it may not be the attention your looking for Buddy! Jus' Sayin'!

Top Bottom